Anybody recognise this machine?

I found this ad on Craigslist and and was thinking about taking a look at the machine. I don't know if it's worth $1500, but if it's making $55/week, it might be worth talking to the guy. Can anybody comment on what this machine is and whether or not it would be a good machine to buy as my first full-line machine?

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/bfs/3582387557.html

Looks like a USI 3151 CB700, i have seen them on ebay a few times for around $7-900. Ebay is usually the high side on most machines so i would think you could pick one up on craigslist without the location for $5-700.

And $55-$75 isn't that good for soda account, not horrible but not that good either. Before taxes, gas, and commission (if there is one) it's really only about $28-35 profit each week.

Say if it pulled in $75 a week, usually 1/2 is profit so 37.5 x 52 = 1950 profit from the total year. That is minus gas, commission, taxes, other misc issues that pop up.

Not a horrible deal, but talk him down and see where that goes.

Would you get it at that price?

try to do a deal for a thousand the nice thing is u will have to service it very infrequently. the downside is that machine is a b itch to move make sure to have a back up plan in case they kick you out, have a plan to get it moved or do not buy

try to do a deal for a thousand the nice thing is u will have to service it very infrequently. the downside is that machine is a b itch to move make sure to have a back up plan in case they kick you out, have a plan to get it moved or do not buy

I agree with you dogcow.. with a capacity of 728 cans you could definitely stretch out your service calls and at a weight of 735lbs I mite need more than the wife to help me move one of these.

I would be more concerned about finding a place to store the thing than I would about moving it. I've moved upright pianos that are close to the weight of this thing with a piano dolley and a moving truck with a lift gate and as long as you don't have any stairs to negotiate it's not that bad. Now, finding a place to store this thing while finding a new location could be a different story...

I asked the guy today if he has any earnings records and he said no. That's kind of scary. He said he just had it there for extra money and didn't keep records or treat it as a business. I'm going to look at it on Saturday. With no sales records, I'm not willing to risk much. If it looks like something worth buying, I'm going to demand that the sale be financed through sales and give myself some kind of escape clause if the sales don't meet his claim.

Not sure if you picked it up by now , but i have five of these and have problems with the trays and sensors on them all , they often give out more then one soda or get stuck in the tray , usi does make a updated tray but cost quite a bit , i have to put pam cooking spray on the trays every time i fill them.

Archived