Dixie Narco Bevmax

temp04

Hi

I saw a video about converting a glass front Bevmax to vend 24 oz bottle. I am trying to do the same thing. but I have an inconsistent problem with the top of bottle tilting first to prevent a successful vend. I like to understand what or how does certain parts work. Can someone help me out? thanks

1. Stabilizers for DN glass front vendors - what does this part do? and Will this part help prevent the top of bottle from tilting first?

2. DN gate assembly( tall and short ) - what is the usage for the different size?

3. I saw on the video that some machines came with a deflector at the end of each pusher rail. What's the purpose of the deflector?

4. Any tips of configuring the machine to vend 24 oz bottles?

Thank you

I am not sure what the "stabilizers" are unless they are the gates/tracks of the selections. If these are the "stabilizers" then they are meant to keep the product from falling in any direction other than straight-out into the cup.

The tall gates are about 3 inches tall while the short gates are maybe an inch and a half tall. The short gates work great but tall,awkward bottles (such as 7-up's new lines of bottles) tend to fall over backwards (away from the cup) and cause problems vending. The tall gates keep taller items (such as bottles) from falling over backwards but, over time, they tend to wear out the slider track that they sit on and they get stuck half-way up the track. Essentially, the short-gates are for cans and the tall-gates are for bottles (or anything tall) but you only really need the tall gates for tall AWKWARD bottles. Pepsi bottles tend to vend perfectly even with the short gates.

I don't know what the deflector is for.

Firstly, you need to test a 24 ounce bottle to see if it will work at all! First thing you need to do is put a few 24 ounce bottles at the TOP ROW of the machine as this row allows for the most vertical space for products (at least for 4 items-deep or so). Start vending or test-vending to see how they perform. Problems you can run into are: tilted bottles that don't vend properly, bottles that don't sit straight into the cup and don't vend properly from the cup to the port, and bottles that just won't fit through the port.

Keep in mind that coca-cola bottles are slightly taller than pepsi bottles.

It is not too hard to adjust the trays on the bevmax and you could take a shelf out, adjust each shelf to allow for enough space for a 24 ounce bottle, and adjust the machine.

Important note: The machine has NO IDEA where the PUSHER needs to PUSH in order to vend the products out of the gates. If you move the trays from their programmed locations, you need to re-program the new locations into the machine.

You could also try to buy a used USI summit-500 and vend 24 ounce bottles all day long without many issues, but this may not be cost-effective. However, I like to have a backup soda machine in a location with a glassfront.

Firstly.. which model Bevmax are you referring too?

Are you trying to reconfigure a Bevmax bottle dropper 2145,5500,3500 or the "newer" Bevmax cup version 1,2,3,4,5 Model. My guess is that it is one of the earlier bottle dropper versions but I am just wanting to confirm.

On the problem with bottles tilting against the glass is this happening on all shelves or just certain shelves & is it all selections on that shelf or just certain selections?

Is it also all 24oz bottles or just some manufactures bottles.. I am not sure if different manufactures have different shape bottles in the states so I am trying to narrow it down to see where the problem is as it is sometimes hard to solve a problem without being their hence all the questions.

AngryChris is right about the stabilizer that sit under the "gate assembly slide" which are different lengths depending on which shelf they are on so by changing the shelf heights you have also changed the length the stabilizer is on that shelf in comparison to the glass. We remove the stabilizers on all our bottle droppers as we find that this works better for us. You can also cut your stabilizer in half (down the middle) so that if the top of your bottle is sitting on the glass & the bottom is sitting on the stabilizer only half of the bottle will be sitting on it & it will fall off to the side.

Using the correct spacers on your gate assembly for your package setup will also help with a successful vend.

The deflector is the small square plate which is screwed onto the bottom left hand side of the machine just above the delivery bin. This is not going to help with the problem you are having.

If we are talking about the drop machine, it was designed for glass Snapple bottles.

With glass it works great every time. The problems start when you move to plastic and aluminum if you can keep the machine perfectly level and the shelves absolutely clean it will work 98% of the time.

If the machine leans back at all the bottles do not slide down the shelves and thru the gate if leans forward the bottles hit the glass and bounce into the shelves. If you load this machine with soda is leaking or has been within a hundred yards of a leaker you get spend hours removing washing every shelf slide and gate.

Dixie made a few changes to help.

1 The best one is a spring loaded pusher that goes behind the last bottle.

2 Is a wire in the gate that tips the bottle when the gate closing.

3 Added diving boards in fount of the gates to slow the bottles fall.

Tip remove delivery bin inspect flap door if you have one long rubber door you are lucky, if you find 10 small plastic doors check broken doors and reinspect in 90 days.

Note loading carbonated product to top 3 shelves will give your customers a soda shower when they open the bottle.

I am not sure 24 ounce bottles will fit thru the gates

Walta

Archived