Vendo 570 20 oz. Water Bottle Problems

Randy 805

I have a Vendo 570D model on site and I'm having problems vending 20 oz. water bottles, currently Arrowhead brand. They seem to keep getting stuck / jammed right before they go into the bail, I've tried removing the metal shim, and adjusting the back-spacer (only setup for 1 row for now), but the jams keep happening, what am I doing wrong? I have a number of Vendo 480 machines but they seem to be setup different underneath, utilizing white plastic clips and such that the 570 doesn't seem to use, any ideas?

Randy

I have a Vendo 570D model on site and I'm having problems vending 20 oz. water bottles, currently Arrowhead brand. They seem to keep getting stuck / jammed right before they go into the bail, I've tried removing the metal shim, and adjusting the back-spacer (only setup for 1 row for now), but the jams keep happening, what am I doing wrong? I have a number of Vendo 480 machines but they seem to be setup different underneath, utilizing white plastic clips and such that the 570 doesn't seem to use, any ideas?

Randy

Are you using the "ribbed bottles" ? If not, the bottles will squash out of shape due to the weight of the bottles on top of them. When you buy the Arrowhead packs it should have a label that says "vendable".

I find that even the ribbed bottles will get deformed if you stack them too high

Are you using the "ribbed bottles" ? If not, the bottles will squash out of shape due to the weight of the bottles on top of them. When you buy the Arrowhead packs it should have a label that says "vendable".

I find that even the ribbed bottles will get deformed if you stack them too high

Yes, I only buy the 20 oz. "It Vends" packages, not the 16.9 oz. ones. The jam happens even when I'm testing with only 4-5 bottles high so I don't think it's a weight issue, this doesn't happen on my Vendo 480 machines, only the 570...

• 2 weeks later...

If you are still having problems with 20 oz bottles, you should know that this machine can't handle 20 oz bottles. It was designed for 12 oz cans and can handle only up to 16.9 oz bottles because those bottles are the same diameter as a can.

Archived