Condensor Cleaning

Hey guys, another question. I have a few machines that are in fairly dusty locations, and the refridgeration units, particularily the condensors are covered in dust, I have been using a cleaning brush and plan to bring a wet / dry vaccuum on site with a brush to clean it better, but how to I get to the dirt inside the fins? I was thinking of maybe using a non-flammable "dust dissolve" spray used to clean plastic plant leaves, but I'm worried about any posible sticky residue left behind that will attract more dirt. Any thoughts?

Don't use a brush or any rags on condensers, that will push the dirt into the fins. Use a comb perpendicular to the fins and drag it down the face of the condenser to pull the dirt off. Embedded dirt can be blown out with compressed air (I use a CO2 cylinder) or hosed out after removing the cooling unit.

In most locations blowing out the dust is a bad option. The dust will fill the air and settle all over the office this leads to bad feeling about your competence as a vender. I blow out the dust on location is the machine is in a dusty warehouse.

Do the best you can with a shop vac if that is not enough pull the unit and clean it with a garden hose.

Walta

Archived