Putting these dang handles together

ruff84

The screw part on my t handle wasn't shutting the door all the way so i bought a replacement.

Well i should have looked at my old one before pulling it apart because i can't get my new one back together correctly.

I added a picture what goes where?

post-4755-0-62912700-1362623654_thumb.jpg

I know where the lock and handle go but everything i have tried so far is a no go.

Wow! Your having a heck of a time! I would look at one and try to figure out from there

I don't have one together to look at, That's the problem.

Was the handle just skipping as the door got tighter or did the threaded stud bottom out before the door was tight? A skipping handle is either the T-handle worn out on the inside or a broken/loose/worn spring inside the handle or a broken/loose/worn spring on the outside of the flange on the part of the threaded stud you can see. If the stud bottoms out and door is still loose then the stud's threads are too short. The correct order of assembly is: end of threaded stud with floating pin locates into rear of handle (tip at approx. 45 deg angle to slide one end of the pin in and the other end will follow), retaining ring (E clip) in closest stud groove to handle, then spring then star washer. This assy is then slid threads-first into the flange (part the handle locks into). Now on the outside of the flange along the stud goes a spring, washer and E clip in a groove that will squish the spring with pretty good tension. That should be all you need, however I suspect that the inside of your T-handle is worn and you'll need a T-handle too.

Was the handle just skipping as the door got tighter or did the threaded stud bottom out before the door was tight? A skipping handle is either the T-handle worn out on the inside or a broken/loose/worn spring inside the handle or a broken/loose/worn spring on the outside of the flange on the part of the threaded stud you can see. If the stud bottoms out and door is still loose then the stud's threads are too short. The correct order of assembly is: end of threaded stud with floating pin locates into rear of handle (tip at approx. 45 deg angle to slide one end of the pin in and the other end will follow), retaining ring (E clip) in closest stud groove to handle, then spring then star washer. This assy is then slid threads-first into the flange (part the handle locks into). Now on the outside of the flange along the stud goes a spring, washer and E clip in a groove that will squish the spring with pretty good tension. That should be all you need, however I suspect that the inside of your T-handle is worn and you'll need a T-handle too.

I have a new t handle as well just not inn the picture

Archived