Is this another Royal 660?

indiana

I am still looking for a Royal 660 I can fill up with 20 oz bottles, 16 oz cans and 12 oz cans.

Found this, and upon closer inspection, I cannot find the model number--which appears to be covered by some sheet metal inside the machine.

Thanks in advance.

post-6281-13630380501206_thumb.jpg

post-6281-13630380613222_thumb.jpg

Well that's a really strange place for the serial number plate. That is the plate that's usually mounted on the outside hinge side of the door. You can probably pry the metal just enough to see the model number but can't you tell if the vendor can take those products since you can see the columns? If not then post a pic of the columns and a pic from under the vend mechanism for us.

I am still looking for a Royal 660 I can fill up with 20 oz bottles, 16 oz cans and 12 oz cans.

Found this, and upon closer inspection, I cannot find the model number--which appears to be covered by some sheet metal inside the machine.

Thanks in advance.

post-6281-13630380501206_thumb.jpg

post-6281-13630380613222_thumb.jpg

Based on the buttons and T-handle overlay, I'd say this is a GIII 804 just like the last one you were looking at. It should have 9 selections and say intellivend 2000 just below the T handle. Insode it will say GIII on the inner door.

The GIIIs differ from the Merlin models in that they are chain driven where the Merlins have individual vend motors on each column. If you look under the vend buckets, you can see the small chain.

Like the newer Merlins, the GIIIs will have a vend sensor.

One more time, thanks for your help here. To me, this really looks like the same machine, from a seller that is only able to tell me it's a vending machine in their garage. Tried to walk them through how to find the model number and it wouldn't take. I asked if it takes dollar bills and it does not, so I'd have to install a validator.

This is a Royal 660 as well, right? Even if not, I think it would serve my purposes, but I'd really prefer a large capacity, multi-price machine that I can fill up with product and also vend both cans and bottles from.

Thanks, as always.

post-6281-13630577801826_thumb.jpg

post-6281-13630577915575_thumb.jpg

One more time, thanks for your help here. To me, this really looks like the same machine, from a seller that is only able to tell me it's a vending machine in their garage. Tried to walk them through how to find the model number and it wouldn't take. I asked if it takes dollar bills and it does not, so I'd have to install a validator.

This is a Royal 660 as well, right? Even if not, I think it would serve my purposes, but I'd really prefer a large capacity, multi-price machine that I can fill up with product and also vend both cans and bottles from.

Thanks, as always.

post-6281-13630577801826_thumb.jpg

post-6281-13630577915575_thumb.jpg

Neither of them are 660s. The 660 is an older model which has 12 selection buttons - it's a GIII, but this one has 9 selection buttons and should hold 804 cans. A 660 can often be recognized by the wave front shape as well as the 12 big selection buttons.

The 804 uses a "product to sales" system where you assign more than one column to a selection button. That's how the nine selections control the twelve columns. Basically you could assign two columns to Coke and maybe two more to Pepsi plus two more columns to your third best seller.

Neither of them are 660s. The 660 is an older model which has 12 selection buttons - it's a GIII, but this one has 9 selection buttons and should hold 804 cans. A 660 can often be recognized by the wave front shape as well as the 12 big selection buttons.

The 804 uses a "product to sales" system where you assign more than one column to a selection button. That's how the nine selections control the twelve columns. Basically you could assign two columns to Coke and maybe two more to Pepsi plus two more columns to your third best seller.

Ok--makes sense. Got it now.

So this is a GIII. And I'm assuming it's easy to install a validator? It doesn't look like one is installed.

Ok--makes sense. Got it now.

So this is a GIII. And I'm assuming it's easy to install a validator? It doesn't look like one is installed.

What you've been looking at are Royal GIII 804s. Installing a validator is no big deal - all you need is a set of small nuts drivers (make sure you get the 11/32 size ).

Like most of the members here, I prefer the Mars VN2511 - just make sure you have the correct harness to interface with your coin mech.

Indiana,

You need to be careful that you aren't looking at a GII machine instead of GIII. The GII also has 9 vertical selections on the landscape door like you are showing, and even though it has 12 columns and is chain driven, it is for 12 oz cans only. A GII machine is easily identified by looking at the columns inside. You will see full height cols in the back and 1/3 height cols in the front. The rear cols are 2 cans deep and the front are 1 can deep. The front only holds 14 cans/ column, I believe. Even though the back is 2 cans deep, the vend mechanism is not capable of being set to vend only one item deep, so bottles and 16 oz cans don't work.

So basically the outside views of a Landscape (bubble front) door on a GII and GIII look identical and the only way to determine what you actually have is to look at the columns or model numbers. GII models are RVCC362 for 72", and 462 for 79". GIII are RVCDE550 or 660 for 72" (depending on width), and RVCDE804 for 79". The GIII can come with a Wave door with can sized buttons, Landscape door with vertical pushbuttons and there is even a door called the Chameleon with push buttons in the sign.

Any of these machines are MDB so you will need an appropriate 24V validator for them.

Indiana,

You need to be careful that you aren't looking at a GII machine instead of GIII. The GII also has 9 vertical selections on the landscape door like you are showing, and even though it has 12 columns and is chain driven, it is for 12 oz cans only. A GII machine is easily identified by looking at the columns inside. You will see full height cols in the back and 1/3 height cols in the front. The rear cols are 2 cans deep and the front are 1 can deep. The front only holds 14 cans/ column, I believe. Even though the back is 2 cans deep, the vend mechanism is not capable of being set to vend only one item deep, so bottles and 16 oz cans don't work.

So basically the outside views of a Landscape (bubble front) door on a GII and GIII look identical and the only way to determine what you actually have is to look at the columns or model numbers. GII models are RVCC362 for 72", and 462 for 79". GIII are RVCDE550 or 660 for 72" (depending on width), and RVCDE804 for 79". The GIII can come with a Wave door with can sized buttons, Landscape door with vertical pushbuttons and there is even a door called the Chameleon with push buttons in the sign.

Any of these machines are MDB so you will need an appropriate 24V validator for them.

Good info AZ,

Here in So Cal, the only used Royals we have access to are ex-Coke machines. Vendos are everywhere (aargh) but I prefer the Royals. I've never seen a GII around here but the GIIIs are fairly common.

The one in the picture is a GIII (note the bottles on the graphic) and has the intellivend 2000 logo under the T handle. They are, in fact, MDB 24v so Indiana would need a Mei VN2512 for this one. You can't see the model numbers on the Meis unless you remove them first or have extraordinary eyes (which I don't).

The Royal website doesn't list the 660 anymore but they offer the GIII in the 804 and 650 sizes. I would suggest to anyone buying a Royal to go to their website and download the manual which can be found in their service section. The Royal programming is much different than the Vendo or Dixie programming.

The only complaint I've heard about the GIIIs is the chain drive, but I own several of them and have never had a problem so far.

There's a small Royal cult around here and fortunately we have at least one guy who can repair anything on them if necessary. Everybody else loves their Vendos - they can have them

So the title of this thread should be "I'm still looking for a Royal GIII." I don't look that often for these, but for some reason there seem to be a ton of these available lately at reasonable prices.

So the title of this thread should be "I'm still looking for a Royal GIII." I don't look that often for these, but for some reason there seem to be a ton of these available lately at reasonable prices.

Two different machines here, presumably both Royal GIIIs.

For the first machine shown, with the sheet metal covering the model number, here is the model number. Had the sheet metal moved long enough to get a peek at it.

Looks like RVCC 350-9

post-6281-13631083164124_thumb.jpg

Indiana,

That sure does say RVCC350-9. I can't find info on that model. Based on that capacity and the fact that it has 9 selections tells me that though it's likely a standard width of 36" it is probably a GII or some wierd combobulation made for a specific purpose. The best way to know is to see the columns, which I assume you have since you have a photo of the plate inside the machine. If the machine inside is a large capacity machine then this is the wrong s/n plate, and we already know it's in the wrong place.

Hey, wait a minute. This s/n plate is on the front of the compressor, is'nt it? Royal puts s/n on all their cooling units and this one may be out of a RVCC350 but that's not necessarily the model of this machine. So we're back to needing a photo of the inside of the machine to tell you what you have.

Here's what will work for you regardless of model of machine. If you find short front columns on any machine then it's a GII and you don't want it. So find a machine with front and back columns that all go to the top of the cabinet. Then if there are motors on each column you have a Merlin IV (also a good machine) and if it has a chain drive it's a GIII. Then the only difference is 72" cabinet vs. 79" cabinet. How's that?

Indiana,

That sure does say RVCC350-9. I can't find info on that model. Based on that capacity and the fact that it has 9 selections tells me that though it's likely a standard width of 36" it is probably a GII or some wierd combobulation made for a specific purpose. The best way to know is to see the columns, which I assume you have since you have a photo of the plate inside the machine. If the machine inside is a large capacity machine then this is the wrong s/n plate, and we already know it's in the wrong place.

Hey, wait a minute. This s/n plate is on the front of the compressor, is'nt it? Royal puts s/n on all their cooling units and this one may be out of a RVCC350 but that's not necessarily the model of this machine. So we're back to needing a photo of the inside of the machine to tell you what you have.

Here's what will work for you regardless of model of machine. If you find short front columns on any machine then it's a GII and you don't want it. So find a machine with front and back columns that all go to the top of the cabinet. Then if there are motors on each column you have a Merlin IV (also a good machine) and if it has a chain drive it's a GIII. Then the only difference is 72" cabinet vs. 79" cabinet. How's that?

Very helpful, thank you very much.

The guy selling this machine is a couple hours away, so I only have his photos to go off of. I think I'll pass on this particular machine now, seeing there are so many others available closer to my location.

Two different machines here, presumably both Royal GIIIs.

For the first machine shown, with the sheet metal covering the model number, here is the model number. Had the sheet metal moved long enough to get a peek at it.

Looks like RVCC 350-9

post-6281-13631083164124_thumb.jpg

I think Cajun just picked up one of those - you might pm him.

Archived