Dixie Narco 501E Triple Vending From One Slot...

Hey all

I think I have all the bugs run out of my Dixie Narco 501E soda machine...save for one. I converted it from 20oz bottles to 12oz cans (shims, etc.) and I have all the slots working great except for one. It will triple vend, then zero vend, triple vend, zero vend etc etc etc...

I have checked all the cams and they are set on the first setting (12oz cans) ...they all seem in order, but only one slot isn't working properly (the one on the far left side near the hinge)

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Scott

First let’s decide if this is a mechanic or an electronic problem.

Does the motor stop at each gap in the cam or does it move past more than one gap.

Walta

First let’s decide if this is a mechanic or an electronic problem.

Does the motor stop at each gap in the cam or does it move past more than one gap.

Walta

Hi Walta

The motor works fine, and the motor does stop at each gap in the cam. All of the cams appear to be set up exactly the same, and stop in the gaps...this is the only one that triple dispenses...

Thanks !

Scott

I believe your rotor is installed 180 degrees out of whack. You will have to remove the motor and adjust the rotor. The motor has a D shaped drive pin that fits into a D shaped hole in the front of the rotor. Unplug your machine and remove wires off the motor switch. You can leave the power wires on the winding if they are hard to pull off because there's a risk of pulling the connectors out of the winding.

Look at the position of the rotor in the column and note the direction it is facing so that you will know how to reposition it to be opposite of where it faces now. Remove the 3 screws that hold the motor to the frame, 2 at top and 1 at bottom. Pull the motor off the rotor (you may have to work it back and forth as the D fitting can be tight) and hold the motor in one hand so as not to strain the wires still attached to the winding. Now turn the rotor to a position opposite of where it was before removing the motor. Work the motor back onto the rotor and then line up the motor with the screw holes and reinstall the screws. Confirm that the rotor is now facing opposite of where it was before you started. Reconnect any wires you removed and pay special attention to the motor switch connector. Be sure you capture the 'common' connector on the side of the switch with the connector - this is easy to miss.

Power up the machine and test the column. You should be good to go.

I believe your rotor is installed 180 degrees out of whack. You will have to remove the motor and adjust the rotor. The motor has a D shaped drive pin that fits into a D shaped hole in the front of the rotor. Unplug your machine and remove wires off the motor switch. You can leave the power wires on the winding if they are hard to pull off because there's a risk of pulling the connectors out of the winding.

Look at the position of the rotor in the column and note the direction it is facing so that you will know how to reposition it to be opposite of where it faces now. Remove the 3 screws that hold the motor to the frame, 2 at top and 1 at bottom. Pull the motor off the rotor (you may have to work it back and forth as the D fitting can be tight) and hold the motor in one hand so as not to strain the wires still attached to the winding. Now turn the rotor to a position opposite of where it was before removing the motor. Work the motor back onto the rotor and then line up the motor with the screw holes and reinstall the screws. Confirm that the rotor is now facing opposite of where it was before you started. Reconnect any wires you removed and pay special attention to the motor switch connector. Be sure you capture the 'common' connector on the side of the switch with the connector - this is easy to miss.

Power up the machine and test the column. You should be good to go.

AZVendor, that did the trick ! I'm now 100% Functional... Only gave $200 for the machine, another $200 in parts, including brand new can shim kit, used bill validator, 2 new bulbs -installed by a local repair guy - and ballast I installed myself.)

Thanks !

Scott

Archived