Prize sensor issue

havending

I have a prize sensor on a toy taxi that is thinking a prize is being won every play thus throwing off the win rate. I was told that thete is an adjustment screw on the sensor bar but I don't see one at all I even took it off to look.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

dont know about a toy taxi but i once had a bunch of cranes in a load that had some clear plastic that came on the tmolding for protection and it would come loose after a while from toys falling against it when they won them...it would be a little clear pc of plastic film blocking chute and cause my numbers to be screwed up and auto percentage to never kick in..

otherwise im just talking ,as i dont run toy taxis so i cant give much help..

ron

Huh, they are very obvious on the Smart Imports we run, although at a right angle to your view when looking in after opening the door with the mechs and dba on it. We got one of those 'dental' mirrors with a long adjustable arm so I can tell that the screwdriver is actually turning the adjust screw, but the screw hole is close to the front side of the sensor.

And sometimes it regains 'working status' just by wiping the dust off the 'glass' of the sensor (in the slot on right side of prize chute...I know you are aware of this, just writing detail for any rookies looking in).

How old a toy taxi? on the ones I have the adjusting screw is right next to the led. Its an orange colored phillips head plastic knob.

ejequrar.jpg

usu8a7yt.jpg

That's the front and back

It has 9 sensors in the sensor bar if I cover a few would that help? I also have two ace challenger candy cranes I'm going to junk out they both have good sensors I may see if they will match up

• 2 weeks later...

only problem with that is what kind of auto percentaging does that crane have??

if it is the "shot in the dark" percentaging where it just gives the high voltage every 10th or 20th play that you have it set for then its ok to do what you said,youll just need to count your plush for your inventory to see if your paying out too much or too little..

but.....

If its the auto percentaging that keeps giving the high voltage until the prize sensor picks up a winner like on my feiloli cranes then you are screwed as it will never detect a winner and the auto percentage will stay engaged and they will empty your crane..

really shoudnt say all this on public board huh?? . we need to delete this after your issue is took care of.

ron

Archived