Bill Validator- what would cause this problem?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have a snackshop 4000 vending machine. The bill validator just seems to stop working whenever it gets ready. The changer has plenty of change so I'm sure that's not the cause. The people at the location will unplug it and plug it up again and it starts working. But as you can expect their getting tired of having to do that everyday sometimes several times. Any suggestions as to what may be the cause and possible solutions.

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of validator is it? And when you say its not working, what does it do? Does it power on? Will it take a bill in, then spit it back out? Does it take a bill, but not give credit? Describe the problem a bit better so we can figure it out.

The kind I'm unsure of the model at the moment. The problem is that it just quits taking dollars, not even trying to take them and reject, it just stops doing anything. After its unplugged and plugged in again it works fine (for a while). And then it does the same thing again.

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk 2

You definitely need to provide more information because the AP4600 was never produced with a bill acceptor from the factory. This means that any bill acceptor that is in the machine was installed using an aftemarket kit to adapt the validator to the machine. There were several kits available over the years to accomplish this. You might have a piggyback validator interface board (AMT Apint) mounted on the left edge of the factory door-mounted logic board, or you might have a Lutech interface box mounted next to the coin mech. You might even have a Coinco BA30 validator and a Coinco 9340L coin mech that interface through a harness. The more information you can provide the better off you are.

Start with the bill validator itself - what model number do you find on it? The likely suspects are Maka NB10, Mars VFM, or a Mars VN2501. Then look for one of the interface kits I mentioned and provide any info you find on it. Also provide the model of the coin mech mounted to the sliding panel. With this additional information we can help you out.

Archived