Possible vending location?

1200 for both machines is a GREAT price. The snack is an AP113 which is newer than an AP7000 and the Royal RV552 soda is 3 cans deep and multiprice. Even with poor sales the equipment is worth better than 1200. Leave them there or find a better location for them at that price. Either way you won't be wrong.The only thing it appears you might want to do for a new location is putting a new black front on the snack.

Congrats on your new acquisition! Finding new accounts and closing the deal is such a thrilling & fulfilling feeling of satisfaction! You'll be on a natural high for a while, so savor & enjoy it!! Great price for good equipment plus a bonus being on location! What kind of account is it? How often does it have to be serviced?

Sellers are always secretive about locations for sale - I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

You've got some good solid equipment there but it sounds like it's only netting $150 a month so that may be an issue for you as you get bigger.

You might be able to up the profits a little by trying some different snack items - I can't quite see what's in there but then I'm pretty much the Stevie Wonder of vending.

I thought the drink machine is a Royal 368, I had one in my fleet until recently when I sold it to upgrade. When it comes to old snack machines you carnt go past an old AP they are so reliable, although I do find that parts can be expensive especially if you need a new board or deck. You should be able to increase sales by adding higher value drinks such as bottles and energy cans.............As Moondog says you have bought some solid equipment but they are old!.

Just giving you all a heads up. I bought this location! I'll be swinging in Friday, exactly one week after I bought the location, to see how the sales were. He left me the inventory and the coin just like all my other locations. Thanks for the responses!

PS: I know this is off topic but is there anything for Accounting that I should look into? I have a Tax ID number that gets me tax exempt and I'm registered for an EIN number so everything has to be good for tax season. I'm wondering about what to do with expired goods, exactly what I should track from the machines, etc. Thanks again for everything!

Just giving you all a heads up. I bought this location! I'll be swinging in Friday, exactly one week after I bought the location, to see how the sales were. He left me the inventory and the coin just like all my other locations. Thanks for the responses!

PS: I know this is off topic but is there anything for Accounting that I should look into? I have a Tax ID number that gets me tax exempt and I'm registered for an EIN number so everything has to be good for tax season. I'm wondering about what to do with expired goods, exactly what I should track from the machines, etc. Thanks again for everything!

For accounting purposes, all you're concerned with are receipts versus purchases. I'd keep a very close eye on what's moving and what's not for the first three months to max your profits. It's been my experience that many vendors just lose interest after awhile and don't really pay the proper attention to detail so you shouldn't rely on the current snack mix too much. Try some new things until you get it figured out.

Thanks for the response. Is there anything a person can do with expires? If it's less than a couple weeks old?

I give my stales away but not on site. Stales are going to be chips and pastry as cookies are good for 6 months and candy bars are good for 10 months. Most chips taste fine up to 2 months past their "buy by" date.

What I was actually wondering, should have worded it better, is there a way to write off expires in my taxes when I do them since I'm claiming all the income?

I wouldn't try to write stales off as a loss the way some companies deal with depletion. Stales increase your cost of goods and decrease your receipts so there's no reason to complicate the matter - you're already writing them off and I doubt that you could get any donation credit for them.

Thanks Moon! Gonna have to keep a closer eye on things but I think I'll have just a few expires a week after I get things down.

No problem man,

Don't get too hung up on the stales - until you get at least ten snack machines running your chip stales are probably going to run about 10%. Instead, concentrate on what sells and switch out anything that's not selling - you won't get it right the first time out and as you add accounts you'll find that you end up with a slightly different mix for each account.

The non-chip products will lower your overall stale percentage - try things like Knotts Raspberry shortbread cookies, Famous Amos, Keeblers Sugar Wafers, Karrs Sweet and Salty Mix and Big Texas cinnamon rolls.

Do not just fill your machine up with a bunch of stuff because it has a long shelf life, Baked chips have a long shelf life - unfortunately they also have a 75% stale rate in most machines.

Your snack machine only has so much space and you need to make every square inch of it as profitable as possible.

Archived