All American Chicken Refurb and Parts

Billnuts

Started My Shopping list to refurbish the all American chicken

here is what I have so far

1: Quantity 1 12 volt Pre-wired relay SPDT.. $3.79 plus shipping eBay...

2: Quantity 4 12 volt inline fuse holders 3-18 gage and 1-12 gage each $1.50 plus shipping EBay..

3: 5 feet 16 gage wire 5 feet 12 gage wire any hardware store

4: crimp connectors package of yellow butt connectors, red butt connectors, and blue butt connectors and red spade crimp connectors, blue spade crimp connectors, and yellow spade crimp connectors. any hardware store

5: Quantity 2 led 5050 SMD rope light controllers 12 volt with wireless remote $4.50 each eBay free shipping..

6: Quantity 2 12 volt power cords 120volt to 12volt DC with tips $2.00 plus shipping each eBay...

7: 2 diodes from radio shack pack of fuses as well.

Optional: future use 3 caster wheels for plate... $12.00

TOTAL ESTIMATED COST: $43.00 -$55.00 in parts.

Job Time : 1 1/2 hours

Pictures of the project will follow later this week

Plan of action.

1:First stage is to Remove rear volume knob and re-solder shorten wires closer to motherboard to eliminate noise and feedback

2: Add 4 12 volt positive Fused wire outputs from power supply to motherboard area add 4 ground wires as well

1 18 gage fuse will go to the 12 volt double coin mechs and 12 volt power to dollar bill acceptor harness if available.

I will disconnect and cap off power leads to coin mechs and DBA from motherboard.

3: Disconnect motor from motherboard use 12 gage fuse and wire to SPDT relay to motor. using diodes to isolate the motherboard from the relay and any feedback and use the motherboard as a trigger only to close relay.

4:cut and cap off led control wires from motherboard.

5: Re-wire the led light strips to the 2 new controllers... 4 wires each use the 12 volt power supply's for their cords cut them for the cord and plug tips (save power supply's for future projects).

6: connect both Led light control boxes +/- Wires to remaining 18 gage fuse and ground

7: optional in the future replace tiny wheels with caster wheels on metal plate

8: optional... add Padlock hasp or eyelets thru the door for added security..

When I Exchange my chicken this week I will start this project and post pictures

if you need a wire diagram I can draw one let me know..

bill

Wow, this is great work! You are really doing the folks that have these a big favor. The additional grounding is a good idea too. In the north our dry winters and static problems play havoc with poorly grounded equipment. This is a real service!

Archived