Whole row not working.

ruff84

Usi 3014, whole row intermittently doesn't work. It had happened 2 times so far in the last 6 months. I pull the tray out and fill it. Push it back in and check all of my rows and it says make another selection. I have pulled it out and put it back to make sure it was seated. I have switched it with another row and still nothing.

I know it's not the the tray because I switched he rows and it worked. I turned the machine on and off an few times and just fiddled with stuff and still nothing,

However eventually it starts working again. Only does it every once in a while if I slide the tray out to fill it.

What's causing it and how do I correct it.

You probably have a break inside the insulation of one of the wires in the shelf harness that plugs into the machine on the right side. Movement of the shelf causes the wire to intermittently be open or closed. There is one wire that is common to all motors on the shelf and is the only wire that could put the entire shelf out of order. The wire color is different for each shelf but the common wire is always the only white wire with a colored stripe in each shelf harness. Pull the shelf and closely inspect the length of the wire starting at where it plugs into the machine on the right. That is the most flexed part of the harness. Look for wire pulled out of a connection, kinks, chaffed insulation, sharp bends and a small humped spot in the insulation where the wire might have flexed so much it is broken. If you can repair it you can avoid needing a new harness. I can get the harness for you if you need to repace it. The price is $18.85.

Archived