Need help with a Dixie Narco 501D3

dm724

Hello,

I was recently given a Dixie Narco 501D3 vending machine by a neighbor. It is a Dr.Pepper machine. I would like to use it for personal use. I am currently having a few issues and would love some assistance. The main problem is that none of the vend motors work...not at all. After searching many forums and sites, I did find a programming guide, and using that and the directions inside the machine I was able to get prices and such programmed. I can not however, get the vend motors to work, even in test mode. I have checked wire connections and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I have called Dixie Narco and they told me the machine was obsolete and they couldn't help me with a owners manual or any information. I live in a very small town and there is no one nearby that services machines. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to fix this machine? Thank you!!

If you can provide the model number and serial number off the side of the door, it would be helpful. Was the machine working when your neighbor had it? You should have a logic board inside the door that has a service mode button. Since you say you could get the prices programmed I presume you know where the board is located. What shape is it, long and narrow with a single button to press or square with 2 buttons on the front of it? If you can program the board, then you have power to the door which means you should also have power to the motors as power to both are on the same circuit.

Do you have coins in the coin mech tubes? Load 15 coins in each tube and then load some product to hold down the sold out paddle in column 1. This should allow the machine to work - taking coins and bills and attempting to vend. If you close the door what does the credit display on the door show? Keep in mind that there is a door switch inside the door so the door needs to be snugged down when closed. If you now drop a nickle, dime and quarter in the coin slot do they register on the display and does the display then show .40? Can you then press the coin return and have the coins paid back to you? If you put coins in equal to the price of selection 1, your top button, what happens on the display when you press selection button 1? Does the machine ignore you pressing button 1? With product holding down the sold out paddle in col. 1 and no money inserted, close the door and press button 1. Does it display the price of that selection? You might have a problem where the selection switch harness plugs into the logic board.

Give me the model/serial number and after trying these things give me the results. I will then have a good idea of what is happening.

On the control board, in the upper left corner under the cover, there are 3 fuses. The center fuse will power the motors. Check the fuse first. They can be found at Radio Shack. I believe they are a 5AMP fuse. Be sure to power down the machine when checking the fuse.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the help. It was indeed the fuse. Everything seems to be working now, except I have 3 columns that look to be double rows, and I can't get those working. Any advice for that?

Archived