Noisy DBV

Nick505

So I have a sports arena I am getting ready to put out and the bill acceptor is making a weird noise when it presses the dollar bill into the stacker. Everything else is working normal. Any ideas on what to check, lube, clean?

if its a mars making noise then worry

check all belts and bill paths for pieces of a dollar or a penny/coin stuck inside

I have found nickels jammed in the belt wheels..

take the bill box off open the bar below and search it with a flashlight for anything out of wack.

but if its a Pyramid... those things are louder with age and they are all 12 volt

if you have it wired to 120 volt there is a step down transformer that goes bad on the rear

of pyramids... if it fails or you can hear it hiss or cap-whine then you can bypass it with a normal harness

and wire it 12volt direct still

ICT bill acceptors I don't have many to speak of so I cant give a noise judgment

Everything seems to be ok. Is there a way to look behind the part of the bill acceptor that presses the bill into the stacker? That is when the noise occurs ( when the bill is being pressed into the stacker). I know it makes a noise but it isn't " normal" .

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. The dbv stopped making noise. i am guessing it was sitting for a while and maybe dusty. Thanks for your help guys.

the dbv in my toy taxi was so quiet you could not even hear it...oh wait...damn machine wasnt working again!

Archived