Royal 650 column 11 does nothing

So went to stock my machine today and that selection said it was sold out but was actually full. So i went to test vend it to see what it would do and it did absolutely nothing. No noise or anything of it trying to make an attempt to rotate. All advice greatly appreciated.

So went to stock my machine today and that selection said it was sold out but was actually full. So i went to test vend it to see what it would do and it did absolutely nothing. No noise or anything of it trying to make an attempt to rotate. All advice greatly appreciated.

My first guess would be a bad motor. The Merlin IV's have a drop sensor that prompts the "sold out" display. Also check to make sure column 11 has a price set. You should check the wire connections to that motor as well.

If what Moondog says doesn't solve your problem make sure the door switch puts the machine back into the vend mode. Closing the door will force the machine to scan all selections and peripherals and also cancel all sold out conditions. Now try to buy the column again, if it immediately shows sold out then the door switch may not be working. If it starts the vend sequence on the display then the door switch is working and you have a bad motor. To replace the motor you must empty both front and back columns so you can remove the rod that holds the motors and rotors in place. Then you replace the bad motor in the front and slide it back together. I can give you detailed instructions if you have to replace the motor. I also have the motor if you need it.

If what Moondog says doesn't solve your problem make sure the door switch puts the machine back into the vend mode. Closing the door will force the machine to scan all selections and peripherals and also cancel all sold out conditions. Now try to buy the column again, if it immediately shows sold out then the door switch may not be working. If it starts the vend sequence on the display then the door switch is working and you have a bad motor. To replace the motor you must empty both front and back columns so you can remove the rod that holds the motors and rotors in place. Then you replace the bad motor in the front and slide it back together. I can give you detailed instructions if you have to replace the motor. I also have the motor if you need it.

I checked all that and none of that seemed to be the problem. I believe it's the motor as you said.. How much do one of those run? You can message me on here if you'd rather do that. When i looked at it there wasn't a jam either

Archived