Dixie 276 - Free vends when press button

I have an older 276 that will vend 1 particular column only with no credit present.  It is NOT the case of the "sticky" motor, that free vends when money is inserted and the button has not been pushed yet.  This case, for one selection only, will dispense when the button is pushed, and before money has been inserted.  I have changed out the motor, but still same problem.  Any ideas?  Thanks, Greg. 

If this is a single price machine and you can vend a can for free before you insert any money, then the motor is not stopping in the home position with the narrow switch arm in the notch in the motor cam and the wide switch arm on the high side of the cam.  If the switch arms are in these positions when the motor stops, then perhaps you have mis-wired the switches.  Check the connections on the triple switches paying particular attention to the side terminals on the switches that are easy to miss with the connector.  In addition the red connector goes to the back switch and the connector with only 2 wires in it goes on the front switch. 

Now, is this maybe the scenario:  Put money in and buy problem column.  Can drops and without putting more money in you can vend another can for free and then even more cans for free, one button push at a time.  Then if a different selection button is pressed, that can drops but now no more free vends can be made from the problem column or the second selection.  If this is the case, then your cluster (triple switch) switch on the problem motor is bad and isn't cancelling a credit when the problem column vends.  The credit is then cancelled when you vend a good column that does cancel the credit.  I'm betting this is the problem.  Let us know.

Archived