Possible location

There may be a chance for me to service a 50 employee local hospital. They currently have a coke machine serviced directly through coke according to the business manager. They are interested in having a snack machine.

I only have a coke machine however I can easily get a snack machine.

My questions:

If I offer a snack and coke machine package to replace their current coke machine what is the likleyhood of me making a profit. I know it is contingent on a multitude of factors with stales, snack sales and soda sales being some of them.

On average how much would it cost to initially fill both machines? Once again a multitude of factors involved I know.

There are alot of variables to both the questions, however I think an educated guess is possible from you experienced vendor gurus out there.

I appreciate the feedback.

David

As far as potential sales, no one knows.

I would try to kick off coke. Here's what I'd do

Look for a snack machine.

A good one. Maybe a dual spiral one a crane or something decent. Get it on craigslist.

Ask the guy if coke is paying them a comission. If he says no tell him you can replace their service and pay them comission. U kinda shoot yourself in the foot with this but worth trying to get the soda acct

Explain that your local, and that you put your contact numbers on the machines and take care of problems immediately. Tell.him you can put whatever SELLS in the machines because they are yours. Pepsi, waters, gatorades (depends on ur soda machine)

Try to get the soda acct. U won't have problems with stales.

As for snacks yes unless its a busy location you might encounter stales. Find what they like. In your case I'd go with variety packs. Unfortunately hospitals have high traffic so its going to be hard to pinpoint what sells since your sales will probably be 50/50 employees and civilians.

It would be better having full controll of that hospital BUT I do have a couple of accts were I'm just the snack guy and they do great

There may be a chance for me to service a 50 employee local hospital. They currently have a coke machine serviced directly through coke according to the business manager. They are interested in having a snack machine.

I only have a coke machine however I can easily get a snack machine.

My questions:

If I offer a snack and coke machine package to replace their current coke machine what is the likleyhood of me making a profit. I know it is contingent on a multitude of factors with stales, snack sales and soda sales being some of them.

On average how much would it cost to initially fill both machines? Once again a multitude of factors involved I know.

There are alot of variables to both the questions, however I think an educated guess is possible from you experienced vendor gurus out there.

I appreciate the feedback.

David

Try for both, stress your ability to respond to product requests and calls for service much faster than Coke can ever dream about.

You are looking at 500-600 out of pocket to fill and coin mech money.

500 - 600 hundred would safely cover it for sodas and snacks plus $50 per coin mech (always keep those filled).  It's my understanding that in addition to Coke's new policy of scrapping out dated equipment rather than selling them to refurbishers, i hear that they're dumping all their small accounts like this one.  Seems to be a case of too many suits and not enough sense.  Normally I shy away from snack only accounts as the bigger part of the profit pie is in the sodas,  but you might try this one out - you could get the soda account.

As Mission said,  you can provide much better service as bottlers are notoriously bad at servicing their accounts - they only get away with it through having contracts and the fact that not much will go wrong with a soda machine usually.

As for the snacks, you can buy less than case quantities at the Candyman in Ontario if you have to.  I don't do this because it's just not efficient, but if you don't mind the drive it's an option.  I buy about half my snack items there in case quantities and the rest at Sam's - Costco is good for sodas but has very few vendible snack items 

Archived