Cleaning the candy chute on site

candygirl

Hi everybody

I placed a gumball machine in a local restaurant 1 1/2 weeks ago and it's been getting some action. While we were eating there recently my mom-in-law bought a gumball. I noticed the chute looked a little grimy. I want to drop by and clean it, but I'm not sure what to use. Just a damp paper towel?

What do you guys use when you service the machine?

Thanks for any help.

Barb

I use "clorox" wipes, I clean all of my machines from top to bottom with this each visit.  Iuse a fresh one for the chutes and then continue to the outside of the machines.

They come in a handy plastic container (like baby wipes) and "clorox" has a wonderful reoutation that people don't mind you doing your job while business is open...this also continues "MY complete servise" reputation.

The business owners appreciate that I keep a clean machine in thier place of business

I use "clorox" wipes, I clean all of my machines from top to bottom with this each visit.  Iuse a fresh one for the chutes and then continue to the outside of the machines.

I've found that the soapy wipes like these tend to streak and cloud up the plastic globe.  I generally just use a damp cloth when I do my servicing.  But I've been considering using computer wipes, or alcohol wipes if I can find them.

I use the Clorox wipes also. Then I use a clean rag to wipe it off. To eliminate the streaking, I use another clean rag and spray it with Pledge and wipe the whole machine down. This also gives the machine and globes a shine.

I use a Clorox spray product for the outside parts.  I never spray the inside of globes or the chute with anything for fear that the candy may taste like what I sprayed!:shock:  I use a spray bottle w/ water and a paper towel.  I also carry micro fiber cloths to clean up the outside parts.

Hmmm, I use vinegar and water to clean my machines.  If you have chrome stands and all boy they shine. 

Anyways, I use vinegar and water to clean the chute and dry it of course. Also ants don't like vinegar

• 1 month later...