A lesson on why you should locate yourself

raquel

Learned a locating lesson that cost me money today. I paid a service to find a gumball location for me, and they send me a sandwich joint that I'm a regular at. The owner is super friendly, but I was always too shy to ask if I could place my machine. God only knows how much money and time I could've saved placing these machines myself.

The shyness ends TODAY. It's costing me way too much! :blink:

Shake it off. Lesson learned.

I think locators have their place.

But, your change in attitude is for the better.

Never shy away from trying to get yourself into locations you are already familiar with.

And, if you use locators again, use them only to supplement your own locating efforts.

not only does "shyness" keep you from getting locations it will get you kicked out of locations!

You have to be a people person and never meet a stranger in vending.  I know with charity type accounts you can get away with being invisible to a extent.. meaning locations that really dont care like office buildings or breakrooms etc.. but with high volume stops like restaurants and groceries etc. you better talk to those locations with small talk and be friendly  or your days are short lived.

Some people think that locating ends when machine is installed, that is false! All it takes is another vendor taking your spot or the owners making  trip to sams club and getting his own machine and your machine is right back in your garage.

and like its been said before ...you can have 100 breakrooms, offices  or dry cleaners with a average of $4 bucks a month...or you can have 10 restaurants making  $40 a month and guess what? its still $400 and a lot shorter day with a whole lot less investment.

ron

Archived