Snacktron 2 wont take bills or accept coins

I recently took the front door appart to paint the old woodgrain panels on the front of a Snacktron 2  because a location requested a newer looking machine.  After I put the machine back together it is not taking bills or coins.

• The display reads coins only
  • The coins pass right through after being entered
  • The bill changer does not initiate at all when a bill is put in the bezel

I know the coin mech & bill changer are still good because I tried them on another machine & they work fine.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/fix this?

You need to press in the door switch (or pull it out to a standby position) to get into the vend mode while the door is open.  With the door open, you are in the service mode and machine won't take money unless you pull the door switch to simulate the door being closed.  If this is not the solution, then double check all your harnesses and your door switch wiring.

Since you probably didn't remove the coin mech to work on the door and if it is a Coinco mech, is the red LED on behind the acceptor?  Since you said this mech and validator work in another machine, no red LED indicates a logic board problem.  The validator has two harnesses connected to the logic board, so check both of those.  Hopefully you didn't unplug the coin mech or validator when the machine was turned on as that can blow the logic board.

If the coin mech doesn't work for whatever reason, the validator will not be enabled to accept bills.

• The mahine was always unpluged whenever any conections/disconections were made
  • I have checked & re-checked the connections that I disconnected to take the door panels off 
  • The machine originally had a Mars coin mech in it but I swapped it out with a known to be working Coinco mech
  • The red LED is solid on the CoinCo mech when I press & hold the door switch
  • If I don't hold the door switch the led is off
  • If I toggle the main power switch the LED on the Coinco mech goes on briefly then goes out
  • The main board has a green light on it
  • There is another LED below the green one on the main board but it is off
  • The keys on the keypad work
  • It appears tha the bill changer is not working as a result of the coin changer not working

Any other suggestions?

Your notes indicate the coin mech is functioning properly as you work the door switch.  With the door open and as you turn power on you will see a momentary flash of the Coinco LED as it receives power, but then the LED is off because the door is open and vending is disabled.  When you press the door switch and the coin mech LED comes on and there are coins in the tubes, does the validator do anything and can you use the machine with coins or bills?  I'm thinking you have an original door switch that you can't pull out to simulate the vend mode.  You may need to tape the switch down or you can take the wires off and short them or open them - whichever simulates the vend mode - and then test the machine. 

Do you still have the door switch actuator bracket attached to the lock side of the delivery bin?  If you do it may not be making proper contact with the switch.  Does the door close tight and square to the cabinet? 

It is working now. Thanks to the advice AZVendor I figured it out, however there was never anything actually wrong. 

I had the "bright idea" of testing the machine before I fully put the door back together (to save time in case it didn't work). My premise was if there were any problems then I wouldn't have to take it completely appart again.  In retrospect that was not such a bright idea.

After several frustrating days messing with it, downloading the manual, reading & re-reading the manual, checking the connections & re-checking the connections, trying diferent changers & validators, & testing them in different machines, & searching the Internet I asked for advice in this forum & with AZVendors advice & some help from help from my 7 year old we figured it out.  Here is what we did: With the door open I had her hold the push button switch inside the machine & I tried coins & they worked.  After that I hooked up the validator & had her hold the switch & it worked. 

The issue was I had not re-attached the bay that catches the snacks when they drop from the spirals back on the machine.  The bay has an extra piece of metal that pushes the switch in on the machine & allows the coin changer to work.  As soon as I attached the bay back to the door & closed it every thing worked fine.

Lesson Learned = The white push button switch inside the machine in a Snacktron 2 has to be pushed in for coin mech & bill validator to work.

Archived