LLC and general liability insurance ?

Why SCorp over LLC ?? I have a location that says I need general liabity insurance .. I don't even have a business. I jus own a triple head machine. Do you have to have a LLC/SCorp/ccorp to get generaliabity insurance or can I get the insurance without having a business???

You need to represent yourself to your insurance company with a commercial name, even if it is Joe Vendor dba: CandyCaptain.  You can operate as a sole proprietor and get liability insurance that way, there is no need to be LLC or S. Corp or full Corp.  Speak to an insurance broker about this.  You might not want to hassle with it though if you aren't serious about the business and only plan to have 1 or 2 machines out.  Basic business liability insurance that will satisfy a location will probably cost more per month than you make off the machine.  If this is a hobby, then you will be precluded from larger stops or any stop, for that matter, that wants to protect itself from liability.   You may find that you need to relocate to a location that doesn't care if you have insurance.

To further expound on AZ's comment, You can go to your local courthouse and file a DBA or "assumed name" which ought to cost less than 50 bucks. With this document you can open a business bank account and get you liability insurance.

As also mentioned if you are only going to do this as a hobby then its not worth it and I'd suggest moving the machine to another location that doesn't ask about it. If you are planning to grow this into something more significant then it might, or might not, be worth doing this at this point, that's up to you decide if the account is worth keeping or not.

Archived