Small suppliers having a hard time?

havending

Im putting an order together and wanted to order from one of the smaller suppliers that I use from time to time. Only issue was I needed a couple cs of 49mm balls and the smaller company is about 20.00 a cs more than what I'm used to paying. So I contacted them to see if they would sell the balls to me at the lower price so I can just make one order. They explained to me that they were unable to do it. No biggie just thought it was odd seeing how when I have ordered from them in the past it has been a pallet full and this would had been same size order. So they let a 2 grand or more order walk over 40 bucks. Are times that tight for the smaller guys that 40.00 is a big deal?

Maybe it was just an inventory related situation, and your order would have nearly wiped them out. Big lead time from Vietnam. Have you tried Fred out in California?? If he's not grumpy (only seen that once, to be fair) he should give you a deal on a pallet sized order:

http://www.bluebarvending.com/superballs.htm#45mm

I havent ordered from him in long time for balls , i got some really greasy ones a few years ago and they made a mess out of my machines..  

I have only order rincos in last few years as i get free shipping at shows so i just buy enough there to last till next show, the free shipping normally buys my plane ticket to vegas or orlando,whichever it is. I hate unbagging all those bags of a dozen 49mm on location from rinco  rather than just opening bag of 50 or so from other guys,but they aren't  greasy and they are 49mm and not 45mm so i dont give away 2 for one in my aa cap machines.

ron

I havent ordered from him in long time for balls , i got some really greasy ones a few years ago and they made a mess out of my machines..  

I have only order rincos in last few years as i get free shipping at shows so i just buy enough there to last till next show, the free shipping normally buys my plane ticket to vegas or orlando,whichever it is. I hate unbagging all those bags of a dozen 49mm on location from rinco  rather than just opening bag of 50 or so from other guys,but they aren't  greasy and they are 49mm and not 45mm so i dont give away 2 for one in my aa cap machines.

ron

You can reposition the brush plate springs in the 2" machines. I vend 45mm BB and have no problems.  I use the 20" tall machines with a 1.00 mech.

I ordered a few times from Blue Bar when I first got into the business and didn't really care for them.  I don't remember the specifics but I received better service else where.

I honestly thought they were out of business.

Archived