Changers for bulk racks

havending

Changers have not been talked about lately and I was wondering if many others use them. We have 10 racks with changers and I just bought four more. We see an increase of 30 to 35% once a changer is added. One thing I like is that we pick up ones and fives and less quarters because we re bank with money in machines. We only use changers in locations where we are solo. This is also a good selling point when trying to boot another operator. Locations like the idea of not have to change out bills. As a side note we also sell change to locations but I think most all of us do that.

Are the changers battery operated or electric? Have you found any locations where the customers use the change machine but do not put the quarters in the machine? Or the store owners when they run out of quarters use it for their own use?

I have also seen some operators use tokens instead of quarters. I do believe they can increase business

I have one bill changer where I have a bulk rack and candy machine.  When I first got the location, it did great in sales, and after it still did.  I didn't notice much of a difference in sales, however, it makes the employees happier. Before my bill changer, the employees had to constantly make change at the counter, which was a hassle, but they dealt with it.  I've noticed that they are much more understanding if and when there's an issue with one of my machines.

My machine plugs into the wall.  The only issue I encounter is that sometimes people use some or all of the quarters in competitor's machines.

Are the changers battery operated or electric? Have you found any locations where the customers use the change machine but do not put the quarters in the machine? Or the store owners when they run out of quarters use it for their own use?

I have also seen some operators use tokens instead of quarters. I do believe they can increase business

Tokens are a good idea. If I see a high number of 5 dollar ESP is a row than that's a red flag that I'm banking the owners register. I only saw that once and spoke to the location and it cleared up. I have watched people change a dollar and put 4 quarters in a chicken or crane even when both have a bill head. People can be strange lol. I have battery operated and 110v. I like the 110v plug in much better they are more reliable fooling with the batteries is a pain.

I have one bill changer where I have a bulk rack and candy machine. When I first got the location, it did great in sales, and after it still did. I didn't notice much of a difference in sales, however, it makes the employees happier. Before my bill changer, the employees had to constantly make change at the counter, which was a hassle, but they dealt with it. I've noticed that they are much more understanding if and when there's an issue with one of my machines.

My machine plugs into the wall. The only issue I encounter is that sometimes people use some or all of the quarters in competitor's machines.

Ya we only use in solo accounts no way I'm banking other machines even if I still got some benefit. The tokens would be great in that case because unless the other guy has beavers the tokens will most likely still vend. Then he is stuck with useless tokens lol. Your right locations love it. You have a great point about the locations being understanding. In my experience when you truly invest in the location with good machines the location will buy into the operator more.

Ya we only use in solo accounts no way I'm banking other machines even if I still got some benefit. The tokens would be great in that case because unless the other guy has beavers the tokens will most likely still vend. Then he is stuck with useless tokens lol. Your right locations love it. You have a great point about the locations being understanding. In my experience when you truly invest in the location with good machines the location will buy into the operator more.

I had the same idea with tokens.  I wonder how much it would cost to get everything converted.  There is an old Toy n Joy there, but that's it for bulk.  There's a really old snack machine that doesn't take bills, so that's my main concern with using my quarters.

Do you happen to know if AA sells token mechs and tokens?

I have a few changers. Mostly for busy restaurants. I use changers that plug in,  set the machines  on the rack and  let the locations keep them filled, they have a key, I or my route people dont need to fool with stocking, accounting etc. The repairs on them have been very very low.

I had the same idea with tokens. I wonder how much it would cost to get everything converted. There is an old Toy n Joy there, but that's it for bulk. There's a really old snack machine that doesn't take bills, so that's my main concern with using my quarters.

Do you happen to know if AA sells token mechs and tokens?

They do token mechs I'm sure. Tokens can be bought at amusement supply places.

I have a few changers. Mostly for busy restaurants. I use changers that plug in, set the machines on the rack and let the locations keep them filled, they have a key, I or my route people dont need to fool with stocking, accounting etc. The repairs on them have been very very low.

Do you have issues with locations keeping change stocked? I had to run change to a location on a weekend that should have been stocking the changer.

No because when I put them in I tell the owner or senior management that it won't help me but is a service I am providing the free use of a $1500 piece of equipment for their convenience. I won't put one in unless they Agree to keep it full. It saves them money in labor not making change. On my end my labor cost to fill a changer at even a great bulk location is too high to do it.

I have change machines in all the locations of my biggest account.  It was part of the deal of getting the exclusive with this chain.  The previous operator didn't want to provide the change machines so we got the whole thing.  They are all stand alone plug in models that we secure to the wall.

I have no doubt that they boost business when parents give their kids a $5 or $10 bill and tell them to get lost for a while.

I have a few comments on this topic.

If I were to put a changer in an establishment I would definitely use tokens.

-For one that guarantees at least $1 going into your machine rather than just .25 or .50. If they don't spend the whole dollar, they can walk with a souvenir!

-Using tokens makes sure that your quarters aren't feeding other machines or the establishments registers.

-Lastly, you don't have to bank the changer with $400 that is tied up and is not liquid.

If anyone is interested in changers I have three that plug into the wall.. they are in my storage and Im trying to get them out of here as I dont use them and need the spare space..they came with some snack/soda combos we bought and we dont use them.. I think one or two of the three need a minor adjustment or so to get them all in working condition but not positive as I dont remember..heck all three may work but will be sold as is.. have keys that fit them and all are keyed alike...feel free to private message me for pictures or shoot me an offer!!!!

No because when I put them in I tell the owner or senior management that it won't help me but is a service I am providing the free use of a $1500 piece of equipment for their convenience. I won't put one in unless they Agree to keep it full. It saves them money in labor not making change. On my end my labor cost to fill a changer at even a great bulk location is too high to do it.

I dont think it would save the location any significant amount in labor.a lot of times they get change when they pay anyways. imo a better selling point would be mentioning they wouldnt have to give change when its busy.

You know I have always thought of this also and interested to hear some results. Just another available payment way if they dont have quarters or at a busy restaurant don't want to interrupt the cashier. Good topic Hav!

Archived