2 inch product - What selling price results in highest sales?

Smiley

2 inch product - What selling price results in highest sales?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. 2 inch product - What selling price results in highest sales?

• 50 cents
    • 75 cents
    • $1.00

.50 sells the most product for sure.  The locations that I have switched to 1.00 have shown little to no drop in revenues with the benefit that I don't have to fill the machines as much.  It has been a win win situation so far.

I've been moving to $0.75 on the top with candy & gumballs at $0.25 and 1.1" toys at $0.50 on the bottom. The bottom part of the rack sells product quicker than the top. $1 vends sell slower than at $0.75 & require premium products. 45mm super balls sell at $1 for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• 7 months later...

I sell 2" for .50, .75 and 1.00, I sell 1" for .25 and .50. It all just depends where the locations are. I am seeing the .50 for 1" becoming more accepted. Alot of folks are now charging .50 for 1" that I'm selling for .25, so it'll become easier and easier for me to go to .50 on 1".

I'm also having pretty good luck with 2" for .75.

I am blowing thru 2" misc for .50 while using MP-3 as the feature they chase.

I have also found steady sales on the balloon pump stands selling regular balloons for .25 and punch balloons for .50.

I blow thru eggs at .25 in the old TNJ chickens.

Lately I've converted about 8 columns of flat to .25. I only do one column at .25 and only at places where I have at least 4 columns. Rather that a mystery mix I run the series (Mickey Mouse clubhouse2, dragon series that did not sell, money tatts from A & A that did not sell, etc.). I use a thick marks alot and write"SALE! 25 cent" on the front and it came as a surprise to me but these .25 columns are blowing through the machines in many places. I've been thinking of converting a few more and then after I sell all the slow movers I have sitting in shed, I may buy some VSI puts on sale and sell them for .25. Maybe...

Overall my #1 seller right now is 2" junk mix at .50 with an MP-3 glued to the misc front and one MP-3 in a cap strategically placed in the machine for them to chase.

#2 seller is probably A & A glow sticks at .25.

I sell 2" for .50, .75 and 1.00, I sell 1" for .25 and .50. It all just depends where the locations are. I am seeing the .50 for 1" becoming more accepted. Alot of folks are now charging .50 for 1" that I'm selling for .25, so it'll become easier and easier for me to go to .50 on 1".

I'm also having pretty good luck with 2" for .75.

I am blowing thru 2" misc for .50 while using MP-3 as the feature they chase.

I have also found steady sales on the balloon pump stands selling regular balloons for .25 and punch balloons for .50.

I blow thru eggs at .25 in the old TNJ chickens.

Lately I've converted about 8 columns of flat to .25. I only do one column at .25 and only at places where I have at least 4 columns. Rather that a mystery mix I run the series (Mickey Mouse clubhouse2, dragon series that did not sell, money tatts from A & A that did not sell, etc.). I use a thick marks alot and write"SALE! 25 cent" on the front and it came as a surprise to me but these .25 columns are blowing through the machines in many places. I've been thinking of converting a few more and then after I sell all the slow movers I have sitting in shed, I may buy some VSI puts on sale and sell them for .25. Maybe...

Overall my #1 seller right now is 2" junk mix at .50 with an MP-3 glued to the misc front and one MP-3 in a cap strategically placed in the machine for them to chase.

#2 seller is probably A & A glow sticks at .25.

Punch balloons at 50 cents are doing well for me. I have one pump stand from Impulse and the sales are good at 50 cents; but I've also got the same punch balloons at other locations without the pump stand and they've been selling well at 50 cents.

I have also just recently tried switching one of my flat columns to 25 cents. However, I have been doing the mystery mix approach. It's selling, which is good, but terribly fast. I'm just trying to get rid of junk that didn't sell over the last year. A lot of it stuff that I only have maybe 20 or 30 stickers of one variety and I just don't feel like bothering with switching the display every week as the old products run out. I would rather just stick a mystery mix display in it and be done.

Punch balloons at 50 cents are doing well for me. I have one pump stand from Impulse and the sales are good at 50 cents; but I've also got the same punch balloons at other locations without the pump stand and they've been selling well at 50 cents.

I have also just recently tried switching one of my flat columns to 25 cents. However, I have been doing the mystery mix approach. It's selling, which is good, but terribly fast. I'm just trying to get rid of junk that didn't sell over the last year. A lot of it stuff that I only have maybe 20 or 30 stickers of one variety and I just don't feel like bothering with switching the display every week as the old products run out. I would rather just stick a mystery mix display in it and be done.

We did really well with punch balloons but they were just too expensive for one inch. Flatline has a new punch mix priced about 10 less per bag.

Archived