Random "white screen" errors

caserri

It's been brought to my attention that some users have been experiencing errors while trying to post. From the reports I've been getting, it appears to happen when you are trying to submit content. Either a post or classified ad.

What I've been told is that when the "post" or "submit" button is clicked, the screen goes white and an error is given in black lettering. The users then hit back and attempt to post again and are successful. This results in a double post as it appears the first attempt was actually successful despite the error. While I have not encountered this error yet, it would explain the recent surge in double posts and classifieds.

If this happens to you, please copy and paste the error message you get below. I can use that to determine what's wrong and attempt to fix the issue.

Also, before trying to repost, check the forum first to see if your initial try had indeed posted. This would save me some work.

I think I have identified the issue. As a result, we are moving our scheduled maintenance downtime to coincide with this fix.

Instead of Saturday the 28th, we will be performing our scheduled maintenance, along with fixing this issue, tonight between 9pm and midnight EST. Expect outages and check our Facebook page for updates.

Oh, never mind. I see what you are talking about. I primarily view the forum on my phone but I looked at it on the laptop and can see the horrible font.

I'll get that changed today. Thanks AZ!

I'm still seeing a typewriter style font.  Here is an example of what it was before the upgrade:

"What was the original problem that prompted you to give it to him to repair it?  I need to figure out if you had a coin mech problem or a machine problem."

Well, nevermind.  Those lines that I copied and pasted didn't retain their formatting.  They were reproduced here in the same typewriter font.

Hey, nevermind again.  Once I refreshed the page the font you changed everything to has now shown up.  If you can darken it a little so it's easier for those of us with failing eyesight to read, then it should be back to where we were before.  The font in the reply boxes as we type is the correct font for the actual posts.  Right now, when you actually post the remarks, the font lightens.  Thank you.

Archived