Question about mechs for 1800's

HeyHavok

I'm wondering if there's a specific serial number or name for 50 cent mechs for the 1800s?

It seems they are a bit harder to find than other parts...

Or are they just foreign?

I understand the LYPC brand parts (tops,canisters etc etc) can be used in 1800s... is that the only brand?

Many people use the old Buzz Bite machine 50 cent mechs.  If you replace the back gear on a Buzz Bite mech with one from the mech that you're replacing on the 1800, it will work.  They're not rare, just hard to find for a good price because they're so desirable, because many vendors are using 1800s for vending toys at 50 cents.

Many people use the old Buzz Bite machine 50 cent mechs.  If you replace the back gear on a Buzz Bite mech with one from the mech that you're replacing on the 1800, it will work.  They're not rare, just hard to find for a good price because they're so desirable, because many vendors are using 1800s for vending toys at 50 cents.

I've done this several times. Just make sure to do a Gage says, if it's a Buzz Bite mech, you NEED to replace that pinion gear or you'll have misvends like crazy. I found that out the hard way.

Thanks guys.

I pm'd you Gages.

How does one change the insides from the buzz bite mech? Is it straight forward like the canister thing shephard?

You simply use a phillips screwdriver to unscrew the main screw on the back of the mech, remove the gear and replace with new gear (the one on your 25 cent mech) put the screw back on and test machine.

Archived