Craigslist Ad Help Plz :)

RikaKazak

http://moseslake.craigslist.org/for/4107012431.html

Never owned, operated, or even personally used a claw machine before.  But it's something I want to get in to.  Would this machine be a good way to "get my feet wet?"  And if so, what's a fair price?  And what sort of questions should I be asking to determine if it's a good vs. bad buy?

Thanks so much in advance guys ;)  You guys have been SUPER helpful in the past and I really appreciate it :D  TVF ROCKS!

Avoid it at all costs. These machines are old, ugly, and not worth the hassle. I have 3 of them in working condition. I can't give them away...I have taken one to the dump already.

See this thread I started about these machines a while back:

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/10870-can-you-identify-this-crane/?hl=can+you+identify+this

Worth about $200, but I wouldn't pay that. Parts are not available, cannot adjust price, ect.

When buying used cranes make sure that they work and inspect them well. There are many sellers that are selling stuff that are messed up and they can't fix. There are used dealers that all they do is buy and sell used cranes these guys are good to buy from because the shop out the units but you will pay a little more.

I purchased a crane a few months ago. It worked [or so I thought] but come to find out the head was completely wore out and although I could have bought a new head the price was way too much. It was easier to purchase a new machine and have peace of mind than to replace the head then worry about what was going to go wrong next. Luckily I sold it for what I paid for it [200] and I told the person what was wrong with it. The people I bought from didn't tell me. So lesson learned.

I text the guy before I made the post, just asking general questions.  He said it has a mars dollar bill acceptor, and the price can be changed.

Does that change anyone's mind on it being bad?  Or is the fact it was made in the 90's override all of that?  (I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, I literally just don't know anything about cranes and am learning)

that manufacturer has been out of business for many years and that brand of machine has problems.

there are some older smart brand cranes that are usually in that price range and will be more serviceable

but parts and repair can be costly and if the machine breaks a bunch it will be bad for your location

make sure what you get is working well. part of the value in equipment is what could you sell it for it you

no longer needed it.

I text the guy before I made the post, just asking general questions.  He said it has a mars dollar bill acceptor, and the price can be changed.

Does that change anyone's mind on it being bad?  Or is the fact it was made in the 90's override all of that?  (I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, I literally just don't know anything about cranes and am learning)

There is a thread on the forum that discusses which manufacturers the "pros" buy and why.  I'd suggest you read up on that. I know you are tempted to buy this but like someone said, if you don't buy from someone (a dealer) that refurbishes machines and knows what they are doing, or buy a machine that's relatively new, you are buying someone else's junk. 

If someone on here says stay away from it, then stay away from it.  Have you ever ignored someone when they warned you to stay away from a particular girl/woman?  Don't try to over analyze it, just take their word for it!

Archived