Bill acceptor problem?

temp04

Hello,

I have a soda machine that is having issue.   It will take a bill but when a customer makes a selection.  It ejects the bill.  If a customer only uses coins, then it will vend accordingly.   I tried to put in another bill acceptor but it still doing the same thing.  Does it mean I have to replace the logic board now?  for the same machine, I have to keep adjusting the drop sensor.  Every few weeks, it will start to vend mulitiple cans when and I have to adjust the drop sensor to correct the problem.  But it is getting more frequent now that I have to adjust it.  Do I need to replace the drop sensor or am I missing something?  Please help.  Thank you

You need to post the make and model of your machine for us to know what you can do to fix it.  The model of the original and replacement bill validator  and coin mech are also needed.  There are adjustments to all drop sensors that can be made, so you may not need to replace it.  How have you been adjusting it and how much adjustment is needed for it to begin working properly again?

thank you for the reply.  I am not really sure about the model of the machine.  I will take a picture when I go there this weekend.  The bill acceptors that I used are both Magpro50.  I adjust the sensor on the logic board by following the royal Vendors G-III operation and service manual.  I used to adjust the sensor on the logic board until the little red LED disappear.  but now I have to keep that red LED on for it to vend just one product.  I will get the rest of the information this weekend.  thank you for helping me out.

Was the second Mag50B a known good unit?  Did your original Mag50B work up until the time it began rejecting bills? 

The proper drop sensor adjustment on the Royal machine is clockwise until the LED comes on, CCW until it just goes out and then CCW two full turns.  Testing the outside rear corners will tell you if the adjustment is correct.  Also be sure you properly set your product depth in the programming for each column.  If, after adjustment of the sensor, the problem returns as you say, make sure the sensor is properly attached to the chute and is not loose.  It should not move at all.  Also make sure the chute is properly attached at the front and that it floats on the rear corners.  Check your sensor harness along it's entire length for any cuts, nicks or scrapes that can interfere with the sensor's signal.  Also make sure the sensor is properly plugged in on the logic board and that it's ground wire is grounded.

You also need to ensure that along with the depth setting by column, you want to make sure you have the physical vend components set properly for the size product you're vending.  There is a specific mechanical setting for large diameter products like 20 oz bottles and a different setting for small diameter products like 12 oz cans.

Go into your settings and turn the "bill escrow" function off first.  That should make the validator stack the bill once it receives it so it can't give it back after the purchase.  How the validator and machine handle that change should determine where the fault lies.  Test it several times with bills after you make the changer, and then report them back here.

What is your vend price? If the machine needs to make change for a dollar and cannot it may be returning the bill. You can try setting the price in the machine for $1.00 and testing it or try to make a vend with a dollar coin or 4 quarters and see what happens. Eliminate the change making portion of the equation first or simulate the need for change with coin.

Thank you all for the reply.  Please see the attached picture for the soda machine.  can you tell me what model is it?  my second Mag50b should work.  I took it from another machine.  It was working before and the only problem is that it sometimes takes a bill but couldn't stack it all way and end up wrinkled and jammed the validator.  The price is 75 cent for the soda.  I disabled the bill escrow, it was able to take the bill and return the change.  I checked the sensor and it wasn't loose.  I checked the harness and it seems to installed properly.  I pressed in on all of the sensor harness connecting points and re-adjust the sensor.  It seems to respond better this time.  I will let it run another week and see if I have to re-adjust it again next week.

post-6352-0-21012000-1383554517_thumb.jpg

With only 7 selection buttons that will be a GIII 550.  The bill stacking problem you describe with the crumpled bills is probably caused by a bad elevator in the stacker assy.  You would need to get the unit rebuilt to avoid more crumpled bills.  If you need a replacement validator, send me a PM and I can send you a factory rebuilt unit.

Archived