Micro Market

Broncho

So whos into micro markets at this point?

I am being forced by an account to start one and after looking at my options I am just appalled by the ideas the companies have at making it work. The biggest problem is the ongoing "support fees" that they all charge. These range up to about $2000 a year or for smaller fees you have to pay a commission on your total sales ranging from 2-5%. Without going on a rant, Im going to throw some ideas out there and see if anyone would be interested and get some feed back on features.

We are building our own and we plan on making it a full experience. Heres what it will have:

Single pay

MEI VNAE2000 series bill acceptor(Easy to get and replace with any VN bill acceptor)

MEI CF7512i coin acceptor for both coin acceptance and kick back

Usa technolgoies Credit Card acceptance

Account Pay

MEI VNAE2000 series bill acceptor($1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 acceptance)

Usa technolgoies Credit Card acceptance

Accounts are PCI compliant and handled through USA technologies loyalty pay program 

Accounts access through a finger print scanner

Accounts accessible through an online protal

Walk up to terminal and use only your finger to buy from existing accounts

Setup new accounts at terminal or online

Email alerts to individual when account balance is low

View past purchases of items through online portal

bar code scanning of products to buy items

Touch screen to remove items or accidental second scan

Process walks you through how to use the kiosk on the screen

Security

webcam and extra cameras can be added and displayed on screen to show the user that all areas are being watched. This is just an additional DVR system and will range from $1000-$1500 and is an option to the operator.

Ok so now that you have an idea of how it will work, what will it cost? For the Kiosk we are looking at around $8000/unit + shipping. Our monthly fees will be for data exchange for the accounts and shouldn't be more than $25/month for each terminal.

The same type of terminal would cost roughly $9000 from the other companies(these units do not have a coin mech) that already exist and you have to pay a high support fee. My idea for selling them is to make this as close to traditional vending machine operation as possible. These machines will be available at the beginning of the year and if anyone here is interested in being part of the testing, I am willing to knock off an additional $1000/kiosk.

Keep in mind that you can access your Pepsico, Coca Cola, Frito Lay reps for shelving and coolers for these markets and typically can get everything but the kiosk for free. Also, check with your brokers and distributor reps because they have select shelving at times.

This is insane.  At first, I thought the micro markets would be cheaper than a bank of vending machines but several other people have made it clear to me that it can cost just as much to invest in a micro market.  The advantage is that you can sell a lot more stuff and with higher margins, but the fees seem to offset those margins by a lot.  It seems like this only makes sense in huge office buildings with hundreds of employees and no cafeteria.  I made a post about this before actually.  I think that the micro market business is a separate business from a vending business.  It's like comparing convenience stores to grocery stores.  The are similar but still not the same.

Well I wouldn't suggest using it for accounts that have less than 200 people. The idea is to replace a bank of 4-5 machines with a kiosk and open style. Remove the worry of product dispensing and get the cash up front through users pre passing to their accounts. Also, by adding salads ave food you should be able to get multi purchases through combo promotions or plain convience. Don't forget you see charging tax on top of these items and you are setting up a convience store style that requires higher prices. In the market we are seeing up, we see going from $.80 to $1.00 chips plus tax and it seems to be ok with everyone.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

I am being forced by an account to start one and after looking at my options I am just appalled by the ideas the companies have at making it work. The biggest problem is the ongoing "support fees" that they all charge. These range up to about $2000 a year or for smaller fees you have to pay a commission on your total sales ranging from 2-5%. Without going on a rant, Im going to throw some ideas out there and see if anyone would be interested and get some feed back on features.

Ok so now that you have an idea of how it will work, what will it cost? For the Kiosk we are looking at around $8000/unit + shipping. Our monthly fees will be for data exchange for the accounts and shouldn't be more than $25/month for each terminal.

Hi mate, how is your micro market design coming along?

Great actually! We were at the nama one show abd though we didn't have the fanciest booth, we sold a good amount. We are looking to make them work for accounts in the 100-200 people range as well with a small cheap unit under $5500 abd low service fee of $50 a month. I was able to sell out my whole stock at the show abd am about 4 weeks out to ship the next batch. It's a good problem to have.

Great actually! We were at the nama one show abd though we didn't have the fanciest booth, we sold a good amount. We are looking to make them work for accounts in the 100-200 people range as well with a small cheap unit under $5500 abd low service fee of $50 a month. I was able to sell out my whole stock at the show abd am about 4 weeks out to ship the next batch. It's a good problem to have.

Congratulations.. sounds great.

Let me know when you are ready to expand internationally! I could be your distributor Down Under!!  ;D

ps. Congratulation on the other news also.. (Kevin jnr) must not be far away now

Thanks, we are super excited. Still have a little while, but not much longer.

We are looking to expand into Canada and Mexico now, but we can do pretty much any language and country. I just need to look into credit card processing for specific countries.

Thanks, we are super excited. Still have a little while, but not much longer.

We are looking to expand into Canada and Mexico now, but we can do pretty much any language and country. I just need to look into credit card processing for specific countries.

Cool.. give you an excuse to come here for a holiday (fishing & beer) while the wives go shopping!  ;D

What is it called? Do you have a website? I would like to check it out....

You mite have to PM it to me as I don't think you are allowed to post a personal link?

Cool.. give you an excuse to come here for a holiday (fishing & beer) while the wives go shopping!  ;D

What is it called? Do you have a website? I would like to check it out....

You mite have to PM it to me as I don't think you are allowed to post a personal link?

I'm pretty sure they have plenty of fishing in Texas and I know they've got beer  ;D

Thanks, we put a lot of thought into our product. There are a few features we will be adding to the device that people can get as models. We are trying to make everything modular so that every time we come out with a new idea or feature it can be added to existing kiosks without a new investment. You would also be surprised how many people asked me if I could install my software on their existing kiosk from other companies because of the Commission and royalty fees they are paying.

You would also be surprised how many people asked me if I could install my software on their existing kiosk from other companies because of the Commission and royalty fees they are paying.

That doesn't surprise me at all.... I think having a background as a vending operator would definitely of helped you in designing a product that other operators actually want & need without all the added expense.

Have you had any thoughts into adding a mobile payment solution similar to PayRange?

I think that it would be a added benefit to the customer on top the other payment options you already have. Coke is using there own app here & it is installed on all of their glass front vendors.

We have something in the works that we just patented. It's a real processes of security and features and once the provisional patents accepted I can post more. It's a simple, yet necessary take on mobile applications for payment.

We have something in the works that we just patented. It's a real processes of security and features and once the provisional patents accepted I can post more. It's a simple, yet necessary take on mobile applications for payment.

Mate.. sounds like you have everything covered!

When can I place my order?  ;D 

Which USATech Credit Card Reader are you using... G8, G9 or Edge?

We actually use a Magtek encrypted reader, we just connect to USA tech for backend processing using their web services.

There's one available that will work. We have a standard validator knockout on front fit additions like that. So it would be super simple

• 3 months later...

Archived