Newbie Questions

TW Vending

Good morning everybody, Im a newbie to the whole Bulk vending business and I have a few questions Id like to ask the seasoned vets.

First, Im starting off with three double and three triples, I will be doing my own locating and have set up my business plan well ahead of time. Ive done numerous research on products, machines and the general idea of bulk vending. Im not looking to get rich off any of this, but I am excited to set my machines on location and build from the bottom on up.

My question is, when you do your own locating do you do it face to face or over the phone? Which procedure do you think is more successful?

I have a basic product/equipment summary sheet that I have created to hand to business owners so they can see what my machines look like, the products I carry and the charity ill be donating proceeds to. Ill be using that as my ice breaker while trying to close the deal on their locations.

Thank you in advance for your advice...

I think general tip is if you're locating in person then you would ideally try to keep a tight cluster for time spent locating and later on time spent servicing.  Face to face its harder to get rid of you and to address objections.  Keep a machine or two in your car, immediate placement is awesome.

Nothing wrong with phone locating, it's done and the locators who sell their services here do it exclusivly by phone.  If you can handle cold calling, its not for everyone, then you can make 150-200 calls a day.  Should be able to get a few yes'.

IMO it depends on how much time you have on your hands and personality type.  I like buying a location and then trying to snag the neighboring businesses.

I think face to face works well.  I was just out tonight and got a few.  Seems like if you keep it short and sweet and are personable, then you can do okay.  Make sure you have some info from your charity to give to them.. and I have a lanyard and name tag that affilliates me with mine.  Makes you look more credible. 

But be prepared for lots of turn downs... it's just part of it.  But the yes's are great when you get them!

I'm not a vet or have much time under my belt... but I've done pretty well so far with face to face.

Locators will generally use the phone.  This is so they can cover the entire country without having to actually go to the area.  They also work in bulk.  They work on volume, and simply make phone call after phone call until somebody says yes.

If you're locating yourself, then it's best to do it in person.  Like was said above, it is harder to say no to a face then a phone.

I almost hired my daughter to locate for me.  I know it's even harder to say no to a pretty face.  The only issue I would have would be that I would want to beat up the guys who said yes because they were oogling my Daughter, as well as the ones who said no because they made my Little Girl cry.

Archived