Members / Information on Utah (SLC area)

engineer1984

I will be based out of Utah for a while.  Finally, a permanent place : )

After months of reading this forum and other articles about vending, I'm concerned Utah is one of the exact wrong states to try and vend soda and chips due to the strong Mormon beliefs.  

Reading articles online, I'm not sure if Mormonism accepts caffeine or not.  It looks like it is up in the air.   

Any members here that live and vend in Utah?  Anyone know someone that does?  Any knowledge of vending in the SLC area?

I searched for Utah in the forums and came up empty handed.

Cheers,

Andy

PS

From Wiki:  Ogden, UT (where I'll be living): 83% LDS

Salt Lake City, UT: ~50% LDS

There is a large contingent of the Mormon faith here in the Phoenix area, mostly in the east parts of the valley.  There is no problem selling vending products to Mormons, but I never placed any machines in the churches buildings, either.  Don't worry about caffeine too much, there are alot of jack Mormons.  Call up some of the vending companies operating there and inquire about their offerings to typical locations.  You might find that they don't have any trouble selling soda or chocolate.

Aside from the many jack Mormons,  there are a lot of non-Mormons in Utah.  I wouldn't let this deter you - aside from their unusual beginnings, you'll find Mormons to be everyday folks.

Thanks for the responses.  It's good to know that it doesn't seem to have an effect on sales.

Is there a way to search for members by location or is this an admin only thing?

I've had Mormon friends in Houston and they are the nicest people in the world.  Nothing bad to say.  

Is there a way to search for members by location or is this an admin only thing?

Yes you can. Please see the following thread. It only works if members voluntarily list their state in their profile though.

http://www.vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/17433-member-operator-locations-on-here

--Steven

Archived