Replacement lockset basics, anyone help?

ToddWebb

I purchased a used TRACTOR TIME crane.  None of the locks are keyed alike, and two keys were missing entirely so I drilled them out.

I've never replaced locks on anything before.  I don't know what differences there are.  I don't know if I must specify size?  Diameter?  Etc.  Attached is a pic of an odd lock I've never before seen.  It was a round/turning style lock, apparently designed to grab a bolt - very odd.

Can anyone give me some straight dope on acquiring 5 new lock/key sets for my TRACTOR TIME crane?

Thank you, Vendiscuss.

I purchased a used TRACTOR TIME crane.  None of the locks are keyed alike, and two keys were missing entirely so I drilled them out.

I've never replaced locks on anything before.  I don't know what differences there are.  I don't know if I must specify size?  Diameter?  Etc.  Attached is a pic of an odd lock I've never before seen.  It was a round/turning style lock, apparently designed to grab a bolt - very odd.

Can anyone give me some straight dope on acquiring 5 new lock/key sets for my TRACTOR TIME crane?

Thank you, Vendiscuss.

Your picture is a little weak  ;D  but many of us use these guys http://www.coinvalparts.com/s-25-cobra-locks.aspx

Your picture is a little weak  ;D 

Hey.  Where'd my picture go?  Now I try to upload it and I'm told the file extension is unacceptable.  Really?  A JPG is not a good format?  Okay, I've uploaded it elsewhere and attempted to link it here.  Hopefully helps.

But seems like I've got two good answers already.  Thank you Vendiscuss.

Odd_Key_Design.jpg

Hey. Where'd my picture go? Now I try to upload it and I'm told the file extension is unacceptable. Really? A JPG is not a good format? Okay, I've uploaded it elsewhere and attempted to link it here. Hopefully helps.

But seems like I've got two good answers already. Thank you Vendiscuss.

Odd_Key_Design.jpg

They are about 5 bucks and you can start a code and get same code for your other machines. Look on the web site and know what you need before you call. Or you wan email your rep a photo.

That looks odd. My Tractor Times use cam locks for all three locks.

Post pictures of all three places where the locks go. They may have changed up the design.

I was thinking that to. He is showing a bulk lock. Sometimes route guys modify them

Archived