BA32SA replacement

Partyman

The BA32SA validator on one of our snack machines quick working. All the usually fumbling, jiggling, cleaning and blowing did not fix it this time. The bill rollers are beat and I think its time to replace. The location that these machines are in is extra dusty. Can I replace this validator with something that is more likely to hold up to the dust? ALso looking for one that also accepts the new 5's

Through reading in your forum here I have noticed that the VN2511 may be a replacement? Is this s good validator, and compatible swap. Any advice you all can help with would be appreciated. 

Thanks! Joe 

Yes the 2500's will work and are a good replacement. Depending on the machine it's going into you may need to either change the mounting brackets and/or faceplate on the BV. Your BA32SA is a 110v BV, so you will need to replace it with a 110v Mars BV and will need to correct harnesses to plug it in, the BA uses 1 of the 2 halves of the harness you'll need.

Welcome to the forums Partyman!  There is a wealth of information here to help you with any questions you may have.

I'm afraid that Mistah Mike made one error in his response to you - your current BA32SA is a 24v validator, not 110v.  This only means that we know that your machine uses a 24v validator which might be connected through the MDB interface or the micro mech interface. 

You need to tell us the model of your snack machine so we can be more specific in what you can replace the current validator with.  I can tell you with certainty that you can replace it with the 24v Mars 2502 validator but the type of interface in your machine, MDB or micro mech, will determine which harness you will need.  Mars VN series validators don't have any specific harnesses on them - the application determines the harness that is needed and if you're running MDB, the Coinco harness won't work on the Mars validator.

If you don't have a good source for a new validator and harness, send me a PM and I can get these to you.  Again, welcome to the forums.

The BA32SA validator on one of our snack machines quick working. All the usually fumbling, jiggling, cleaning and blowing did not fix it this time. The bill rollers are beat and I think its time to replace. The location that these machines are in is extra dusty. Can I replace this validator with something that is more likely to hold up to the dust? ALso looking for one that also accepts the new 5's

Through reading in your forum here I have noticed that the VN2511 may be a replacement? Is this s good validator, and compatible swap. Any advice you all can help with would be appreciated. 

Thanks! Joe 

You are correct - the VN2511 works well in dusty environments.  The Coinco Ba series validators have one sensor high up that you can't access to clean.  I've had good luck with Coincos in clean places but for the blue collar accounts, Mars is the way to go.  You might need the VN2512 if you're using 24v and the correct harnesses.

Archived