Selection Not Working

delb101

Hey Yall....I need some help

I have a Dixie Narco 501 and the Location has asked me to convert one of the narrow columns to 16.9oz instead of can.  (all the selections are 16.9oz except the one Can selection - but now I want to convert the entire machine to bottles)

The cam setting is matching all my other selections of 16.9oz bottles that is working perfectly.

But when I loaded bottles into that selection...it is following this vend cycle:

Vend None, Vend Two, Vend None, Vend Two , Vend None , Vend Two.....and so one and so on

Then I unplugged it to look at the cam one more time...then when I plugged it back up ...that selection is NOW  saying .."Try Another Selection"  - I unplugged it and opened the door...but still giving me same message.

I know the motor is working because it always has

So my 2 questions is:

How do I reset the selection on Dixie Narco-  with Royal I could just open the door and the door switch would reset...Is there a door switch for Dixie Narco?

How do I properly set up this 1 column to vend bottles?

Thanks

Del

There is no depth setting in the DN programming.  You aren't saying if you have a 501T or a 501E.   It sounds like your motor cams are still set for cans.  If it's a T model you should be running the 16.9 oz bottles one deep and the motor cam needs to have only one notch showing on the edge of the timing cam.  If it's an E model, you can run the bottles two deep, but you must use a bottle shim and a rod/spacer in the rotor (you should have been using one for cans already).  Then the motor cam must show only two notches on the edge by using hole number 3.  There are two possible settings for two notches so you might need to switch to the other cam hole. 

Hey AzVendor

I have the DN 501T - and all my bottles are 16.9 oz 2 deep

(I have 8 Narrow columns and 1 wide column - all columns are 2 deep for bottles  or if I used cans I could go 3 deep....but this location does not want cans)

The column giving me a headache is a Narrow column

the other 8 selections are 2 deep and run perfectly - I looked at all the cams and all the setting seem to be the same

Do I need a SHIM for a 16.9 soda bottle?

There is no depth setting in the DN programming.  You aren't saying if you have a 501T or a 501E.   It sounds like your motor cams are still set for cans.  If it's a T model you should be running the 16.9 oz bottles one deep and the motor cam needs to have only one notch showing on the edge of the timing cam.  If it's an E model, you can run the bottles two deep, but you must use a bottle shim and a rod/spacer in the rotor (you should have been using one for cans already).  Then the motor cam must show only two notches on the edge by using hole number 3.  There are two possible settings for two notches so you might need to switch to the other cam hole. 

Hey AzVendor

I have the DN 501T - and all my bottles are 16.9 oz 2 deep

(It has 8 Narrow columns and 1 wide column - all columns are 2 deep for bottles  or 3 deep for cans....but this location does not want cans)

The column giving me a headache is a Narrow column - The cam is brown..I want to say the setting is on the 2 notch setting for brown cam

the other 8 selections are 2 deep and run perfectly - I looked at all the cams and all the setting seem to be the same

Do I need a SHIM for a 16.9 soda bottle?

The column configuration you mention is from a 501E.  The T model won't handle 16.9 oz soda bottles two deep so you must have an E model.  Yes, you need a bottle shim for the 16.9 oz bottles in the narrow column.  If you removed the can shim, you then have no shim to hold the second bottle in place to wait for the next vend.  If you need a bottle shim I have them in stock - you can PM me for info.

Archived