Polyvend or Vendo

rmorris1953

I was talking to AZ the other day about what I had done with this vendor and he said I should share because there are people who have these vendors.

I wanted to sell this vendor but was concerned about the keypad. No longer available.... Even tho this one worked fine I didn't want it to come back on me later.

It will vend 20oz bottles and Gatorade single depth and is multiprice so that makes it worth putting a little into it.

So I put my thinking cap on  and found that the only thing polyvend on this vendor is the door and keypad. Everything else is Vendo. It is a uni vendor basic model 480

Looking at the wiring diagram I found that the key pad membrane was a wiring harness from the board to a membrane.

I figured there are 11 wires 1 common and 10 for selections.

There is several ways that this can be done but I chose to try and keep the original look. 

I went to Radio Shack and found some momentary low profile switches and a kit that had wires that had female connectors that would just push over the pins when the membrane was unplugged.

Then I removed the plate that hold the BV and the buttons. Use masking tape to hold the buttons so they don't fall all over the floor. You don't want to loose any of them.  ;D

After removing the panel I picked all the buttons up off the floor.  :angry:

Then I replaced the panel so I could see the membrane and have a center mark where the switch needed to be. I drilled a hole for each switch. Then removed the panel and took to the workbench and removed membrane and installed all eight switches

Then I soldered one wire to each switch this will be my common. I connected all eight wires (8 Selections) to one of the wires with the female connector. 

Then I took one of the wires with the female connectors and soldered it to the #1 selection and did this on each of the other switches.

After doing all the soldering I installed the panel and connected all the wires. Check to make sure all the buttons have play so they aren't pushing on the switches. You might want to shim with a small washers or losen screws.

20131208_060845_zpsefb66378.jpg?t=138650

20131208_061023_zpsa0c60c85.jpg?t=138650

20131208_062355_zps254b2e0f.jpg?t=138650

Completed button panel

20131208_062639_zps22a655e0.jpg?t=138650

Gatorade in column #1 .......... I have ran several bottles and it is vending good. I have not field tested yet.

20131208_062651_zps56e7bfa1.jpg?t=138650

I removed can shim on double columns

Set back spacer to single depth

Removed the gauge bar from the underneath. And removed the anti theft bar.

Set the cam on motors to 1 vend.

20131208_062803_zpsf037bc01.jpg?t=138650

This vendor has a home after the first of the year. I will be monitoring  it.   ;D

I had a keypad for that model Roger, in the storage units I had a vendo 480 just like it with no deck in it I kept parts off it for the crazy reason of who knows! The machine was a rust bucket at the bottom of it, is the reason I scrapped it.

I had a keypad for that model Roger, in the storage units I had a vendo 480 just like it with no deck in it I kept parts off it for the crazy reason of who knows! The machine was a rust bucket at the bottom of it, is the reason I scrapped it.

So did you keep the control board. I wouldn't mind having a spare.

Archived