Frost tampon vending machines?

ReillyNoFun

Hey everyone - did a little searching this evening and hadn't seen much specific mentioned about tampon vending machines. Some of you seem to think they're a waste of time. I'm not going too far out of my way to jump into this field, but I noticed a Frost dual tampon / maxipad machine show up on CL for relatively cheap and thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience with these machines?

Its a "Frost 608-1 – Double Napkin/Tampon Vendor"
Any way to dispense anything other than tampons and maxi-pads out of them?

post-8013-0-50157700-1386574083_thumb.jpg

Turns out the guy selling this works in demolition and brought it home to save it from the ol' dumpster toss. I was getting the feeling this wife wanted it out of there before the holidays and he offered it up, gave him $20 for his effort.

I think I will sand + paint it black, maybe turn it into some sort of "fortune vending machine" or photo dispenser. Rolled up paper is the only thing I can make work so far. Not planning on getting into the tampon biz. Very clunky mechanisms don't allow for fitting much else in there though.

It's pretty apparent from the lack of replies here that nobody cares at all - but I thought I'd post a pic of the repainted machine anyways.
Lots of sandpaper, Ironlak spraypaint, and krylon matte finish on here. Matte cabinet + locks with gloss and chrome coin mechs look pretty classy. Planning to finish it off with an oversized graphic I'm co-opting from a vintage "swami balls" gumball logo.

post-8013-0-05143900-1387221317_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot three sisters! I printed out the fortunes at home on some 5x7 size cardstock using a photoshop template I whipped up and my office printer. when rolled up, the paper is the same size as a tampon. A little time consuming but I just blasted through a pile of them while watching a movie one evening.
Some photos of the fortune sheets +info on my webpage here if you're curious: http://nofunpress.com/vending

Thanks a lot Hippo + Treadmill! So far I've only been able to use the machine once for an event at the major art gallery here. I only had about 60-75 fortunes rolled up and ready to go because I wasn't sure what the response would be - it ended up selling out in under 2 hours. When / if I can find a real placement for this machine I'll keep everyone updated about how it does.

Archived