Bill acceptor in Vendo 511

MLC Vending

Hi all, I have a Vendo 511 with a Coinco BA30 dba that keeps jamming.  I figure this is a good time to upgrade so I can accept 5.00 so I was looking to get the Coinco MAG50B which is what I have in another machine.  However, after doing some research on the board, everyone recommends getting Mars (MEI) dba's. 

I have 2 questions:

1. Which model should I get or does it even matter?  I found a VN-2501.

2. Some DBA's sales say that the harness is not included.  As I am a newb (less than 1 year) is this important? Can I use the current harness? Should the harness be included?

Thanks for the advice.

If you want to put a Mars validator into your machine that previously had a Coinco you will have to put a Mars harness in it as well as the harnesses are not interchangeable.  I believe I'm the lone guy here that likes Coinco stuff as much as Mars, so I would personally not be concerned with replacing an old Coinco validator with another Coinco.  That would at least allow you to use the original harness. 

I stock parts for whichever direction you want to go with this upgrade and if you're interested you can send me a PM.

If you want to put a Mars validator into your machine that previously had a Coinco you will have to put a Mars harness in it as well as the harnesses are not interchangeable.  I believe I'm the lone guy here that likes Coinco stuff as much as Mars, so I would personally not be concerned with replacing an old Coinco validator with another Coinco.  That would at least allow you to use the original harness. 

I stock parts for whichever direction you want to go with this upgrade and if you're interested you can send me a PM.

Randy,

You probably are the only guy here who likes the Coincos as much as the Mars which I find odd because,as I recall,  Arizona's a pretty dusty place where the Mars should hold up much better  ;D

I'm thinking that MLC's looking for a flashed VN2511 with harness.

Yes, I find it very strange that so many people on the forum are anti-Coinco.  In my opinion both companies make fine products, with a couple of exceptions.  One thing to remember about Arizona is that it's so damned hot here, most machines are indoors in air conditioning.  There are, of course, many outdoor machines that are good candidates for Mars, but most operators here are ambivalent toward Coinco or Mars.  When on a service call I usually go back with what was in the machine to begin with, but Coinco is more plentiful here.

Yes, I find it very strange that so many people on the forum are anti-Coinco.  In my opinion both companies make fine products, with a couple of exceptions.  One thing to remember about Arizona is that it's so damned hot here, most machines are indoors in air conditioning.  There are, of course, many outdoor machines that are good candidates for Mars, but most operators here are ambivalent toward Coinco or Mars.  When on a service call I usually go back with what was in the machine to begin with, but Coinco is more plentiful here.

Yes - I do remember the heat!  All those afternoons in my youth laying under the swamp cooler because it was 110 outside - an absolute paradise if you're a lizard or snake  ;D

Were you raised here or did you go to school here?  I've been here since '69 and it hasn't gotten any cooler.

My Grandparents lived in the Outback - my grandmother had asthma so the dry heat was good for her.  Don't hold your breath on it getting any cooler  ;D

My grandparents were my introduction to Arizona as well.  We then moved here because my brother kept getting pneumonia up in Oregon.  We lived in a swamp cooled house from '69 to '76 (best years of my childhood) before we moved to an air conditioned one.  When I went to school at ASU I lived in a swamp cooled mobile home and it was UNBEARABLE.

This is why my vending trucks were refrigerated.  I still remember the day on the route when it hit the record of 122 degrees.

My grandparents were my introduction to Arizona as well.  We then moved here because my brother kept getting pneumonia up in Oregon.  We lived in a swamp cooled house from '69 to '76 (best years of my childhood) before we moved to an air conditioned one.  When I went to school at ASU I lived in a swamp cooled mobile home and it was UNBEARABLE.

This is why my vending trucks were refrigerated.  I still remember the day on the route when it hit the record of 122 degrees.

For fun, we used to fry eggs on the rocks - what a thrill  :blink:

Archived