Hey Guys, 

I have a couple ICT bill acceptors that are having trouble accepting bills. They only accept perfect dollars. In the past I have just bought new units but that gets expensive. 

Does anyone know what the most common issue is that causes that?

I wanted to attempt to repair them myself.

Thanks

First thing is to clean little windows that read bills.  Another thing is to make sure the are upgraded to accept the newer bills.  There are upgrader devices online that don't cost much and you can use for future needs. Craiglist might have moonlighters that upgrade.  I use local repair guy that is cheap.

First thing is to clean little windows that read bills.  Another thing is to make sure the are upgraded to accept the newer bills.  There are upgrader devices online that don't cost much and you can use for future needs. Craiglist might have moonlighters that upgrade.  I use local repair guy that is cheap.

Thanks for the reply. I have done all of that except the bills. It has trouble accepting worn bills, I think they just need to be refurbished.

Where did you find your guy that repairs them? Is he a specific repair guy for vending machines or just general electronics?

I would stop using ICT to start with, they are poorly made bill acceptors and you will constantly have this problem.  We repair validators and changers, but not ICT units.  We usually sell Pyramid validators as replacements.  They are made in the United States, (ICT is made in Taiwan), and they are a far better unit, and there are actually US service centers that repair them.  Few people work on ICT or support them.  We have upgrade kits and harnessing to replace your ICT validators with any US made bill acceptor, such as MEI, Coinco, or Pyramid.  If you want to get out of ICT, get in touch with me sometime and we'll see what we can do.

I would stop using ICT to start with, they are poorly made bill acceptors and you will constantly have this problem. We repair validators and changers, but not ICT units. We usually sell Pyramid validators as replacements. They are made in the United States, (ICT is made in Taiwan), and they are a far better unit, and there are actually US service centers that repair them. Few people work on ICT or support them. We have upgrade kits and harnessing to replace your ICT validators with any US made bill acceptor, such as MEI, Coinco, or Pyramid. If you want to get out of ICT, get in touch with me sometime and we'll see what we can do.

Does pyramid make a stackerless,mei? Id love to get rid of my ict but most I have are stackerless

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Does pyramid make a stackerless,mei? Id love to get rid of my ict but most I have are stackerless

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Yes they do.  They make 12 volt and 110 volt units.  We can replace any ICT with them, stackerless or not.

Archived