DEX File

laip51

Has anyone using the RS 800/850 been successful downloading raw DEX files for use in Excel?  I receive the error "check DEX cable @ eport". I cannot locate the cable connection and not much luck from RS 800/850/ and "eport" suppliers.  The "eport"  and the RS people don't seem to know each others technology.  Thanks for any help.  

If you have a G8 Eport reader there is a large phono plug, like an old headphone or guitar jack, that comes from the card reader modem.  If you want DEX data then the phono plug must be plugged into the modem so that the DEX data will be transmitted.  If you don't have the phono plug for some reason, just ignore those messages.  The DEX data gets to the card reader simply by being plugged into the MDB circuitry in the machine, then it's sent to the modem through the phono jack, but if the machine logic board doesn't report DEX data it won't matter.

AZVendor  The magic word seems to be G8.  Communicating with ePort folks, no mention made of G8.  Advice to plug in the non existent cable has been misleading.  The RS-800/850s I have come with ePort Edge, which only downloads built in Excel files and not raw data. Raw data would allow me to manipulate for my use.  Thanks for help.  Regards!

I'm not sure if USAT provides raw DEX data to anyone.  I believe they will only provide data in predetermined formats such as your Excel file.  That is a common complaint about USAT - that they won't provide raw data for the operators to do with as they wish.

OK. thanks for your  expertise.  You just saved me from further searching.  I presume that the ePort edge model  will also not provide warnings from the many sensors.  This is also a disappointment.  Obviously the G8 would have been preferable. 

OK. thanks for your  expertise.  You just saved me from further searching.  I presume that the ePort edge model  will also not provide warnings from the many sensors.  This is also a disappointment.  Obviously the G8 would have been preferable. 

They will transfer dex files through ftp. You can set it up in the report register on yuour account. This is how we get our dex files and we process them through our homemade software

Archived