need help choosing bigger superballs

coachJ

i want to vend bigger superballs for a dollar but am worried about the machines getting jammed. I want to know which size ball to go with, 45mm or 49mm? I will be vending out of an AA machine. I also have a tomy gacha i could put it in but i feel like that would be less reliable. what should i do?

i want to vend bigger superballs for a dollar but am worried about the machines getting jammed. I want to know which size ball to go with, 45mm or 49mm? I will be vending out of an AA machine. I also have a tomy gacha i could put it in but i feel like that would be less reliable. what should i do?

I vend them from the A&A machines.  Depending on which style of brush the machine has you may have to reposition the long spring that covers the hole.  It can be stretched to the corner screw no problems. Also make sure you use a large baffle or mushroom to take the weight off of the wheel.  I also put a washer over the center rod before putting the baffle on to allow things to turn smoother.  I use the 45mm because you get more per case.

Im new to the AA machines. I am not sure what the brush and baffle are. I have been ignorantly putting the mushroom last after i stock the machines with capsules. I took a look at the wheel yesterday and saw the corner screw you are talking about however. You are saying I should move the covering spring to the left, right?

Im new to the AA machines. I am not sure what the brush and baffle are. I have been ignorantly putting the mushroom last after i stock the machines with capsules. I took a look at the wheel yesterday and saw the corner screw you are talking about however. You are saying I should move the covering spring to the left, right?

The brush is the piece that keeps extra product from falling through the hole. It usually mounts over the vending wheel and is positioned over the hole.

The baffle is the mushroom looking piece.  Slide a washer over the center rod and then slide it on.  Make sure the wide mushroom head is positioned on the top.  Then fill with product.  It keeps the weight of the product from pushing down on the capsule wheel allowing mis vends.

Yes the spring should be moved in so that 2 balls will not vend at a time.

A&A sells a conversion adapter for vending 45mm superballs from their large machines. Without this adapter, the balls will fall (free Vend) past that spring when a customer jiggles the handle. 

hillbilly, 

Should the washer you suggest be high to raise the baffle up or a thin wide washer? I have another machine i think its oak and it came with a thin wide washer and im not sure what to do with it. The brush is the spring that covers the hole where the capsules drop, right? thanks for the help

hillbilly, 

Should the washer you suggest be high to raise the baffle up or a thin wide washer? I have another machine i think its oak and it came with a thin wide washer and im not sure what to do with it. The brush is the spring that covers the hole where the capsules drop, right? thanks for the help

Right on the brush.  Just a 1/4" washer is all you need.  Just something to relieve the tension when filling with heavy product.

what would the thin wide washers be used for that came with my oak machine? just imagine a 3 or 4" metal disc with a hole in it. Would that be used as a baffle? i will post pics soon

Sounds like you have the top to a baffle and the stem has broken off. If that's the case, you can just find something 3 or 4 inches long that will just slip over the center rod and put it on and then the baffle top.

• 3 weeks later...

ok check out this pic please. I numbered screws and positions of the spring. I am aassuming the spring is the brush. Using the numbers written. I should move the spring from wear to wear? I loaded the balls the way they were but only loaded 80 balls. Please some one let me know where to move the spring and what is the most amount of balls to safely vend without putting too much weight on the wheel. I also already placed a washer on the rd before putting the baffle on. Thanks alot for that tip.

post-5295-0-04596200-1390454499_thumb.jpg

ok check out this pic please. I numbered screws and positions of the spring. I am aassuming the spring is the brush. Using the numbers written. I should move the spring from wear to wear? I loaded the balls the way they were but only loaded 80 balls. Please some one let me know where to move the spring and what is the most amount of balls to safely vend without putting too much weight on the wheel. I also already placed a washer on the rd before putting the baffle on. Thanks alot for that tip.

Take the spring off where it ends near #5 and stretch it to fit on screw #4. It will keep the 45mm balls from vending 2 times. Just put the screw in the bottom of machine in case you ever want to switch back to capsules.

I have converted nearly all of my 2001 and Super 80's to the three spring brush housing (two brackets and three springs with about 6 teflon sleeves that go over one of the springs - You take out and throw away the old brush housing) that NW has patented and sells.  It allows you to vend 45 mm and or 49 mm or 138 ct gum without double vending.  NW came out with this optional three spring brush housing about 10 years ago and then shortly after that made a change to the back bracket for it.  With the change to the back bracket (what they sell now) you will not have double vends.  I also like the three spring brush housing better cause it makes for smoother flow past brush housing so chances of caps coming open is also reduced. 

Does anyone else use this NW brush housing assembly I am takling of?  If not, call NW and buy a few of these assemblies and try.  You will prefer it to the standard 2" brush housing.

I mix 45 and 49 mm balls and sell for .75 or 1.00 depending on location.  I have more bouncing ball machines at 1.00 that .75.

I have converted nearly all of my 2001 and Super 80's to the three spring brush housing (two brackets and three springs with about 6 teflon sleeves that go over one of the springs - You take out and throw away the old brush housing) that NW has patented and sells.  It allows you to vend 45 mm and or 49 mm or 138 ct gum without double vending.  NW came out with this optional three spring brush housing about 10 years ago and then shortly after that made a change to the back bracket for it.  With the change to the back bracket (what they sell now) you will not have double vends.  I also like the three spring brush housing better cause it makes for smoother flow past brush housing so chances of caps coming open is also reduced. 

Does anyone else use this NW brush housing assembly I am takling of?  If not, call NW and buy a few of these assemblies and try.  You will prefer it to the standard 2" brush housing.

I mix 45 and 49 mm balls and sell for .75 or 1.00 depending on location.  I have more bouncing ball machines at 1.00 that .75.

I have not sold the larger b.b. In over 5 years. I've never been too overly impressed with my two inch sales for that matter. Unless of course I hit a hot item. Might go back to this option. Are your buck vends good at that price point?

In some locations balls do good at 1.00.  What I am currently doing at places that will support a nine way rack and a seperate 4 col flat I will price my 2" machines 1 at 1.00, 2 at .75 and one at 50 cents.

I have only one bouncearoo machine and I converted it's mech to 1.00 a few years ago and it does steady business.

Take the spring off where it ends near #5 and stretch it to fit on screw #4. It will keep the 45mm balls from vending 2 times. Just put the screw in the bottom of machine in case you ever want to switch back to capsules.

I'm using 49 mm balls though. Should I still move the spring? One more question, how much balls can i put in without it being to heavy i started with 80. i did several test vends and they all worked fine so i left it i was scared to add any more and run into problems

I'm using 49 mm balls though. Should I still move the spring? One more question, how much balls can i put in without it being to heavy i started with 80. i did several test vends and they all worked fine so i left it i was scared to add any more and run into problems

No, spring is good for the 49.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that these are the old style brushes and mainly A&A machines.  I have been buying the 20" machines at 1.00 vend for my 45mm BB.

I have not sold the larger b.b. In over 5 years. I've never been too overly impressed with my two inch sales for that matter. Unless of course I hit a hot item. Might go back to this option. Are your buck vends good at that price point?

I'm kinda in the same boat I can't remember last time I ordered large balls. I use 2 inch stuff in my bounce a roo type machines and seems to boost sales I guess cause of the large globe.

I'm kinda in the same boat I can't remember last time I ordered large balls. I use 2 inch stuff in my bounce a roo type machines and seems to boost sales I guess cause of the large globe.

I use the sports balls from Cardinal in my mixes. They are made of foam compared to the dense rubber of b.b. Kids really like them, but I have yet to sell them by themselves.

I use the sports balls from Cardinal in my mixes. They are made of foam compared to the dense rubber of b.b. Kids really like them, but I have yet to sell them by themselves.

I have thought about putting the foam ones in chickens. I think they would look great and support the sports theme

I have thought about putting the foam ones in chickens. I think they would look great and support the sports theme

That would look great in that machine. It would mix well, and break the constancy of egg vending. Kinda like adding self vending items to one inch.

Honestly that's one big hang up I have on eggs. Kids like gazing at potential high value items. Surprised there is not clear eggs..? Even if you had like a couple in the mix. Throw some of those 10 dollar mp3 and kids would go nuts or other type items

That would look great in that machine. It would mix well, and break the constancy of egg vending. Kinda like adding self vending items to one inch.

Honestly that's one big hang up I have on eggs. Kids like gazing at potential high value items. Surprised there is not clear eggs..? Even if you had like a couple in the mix. Throw some of those 10 dollar mp3 and kids would go nuts or other type items

I throw about 10 decent items from my 50 cent junk mix on top of the eggs each time I add eggs to my TNJ chickens.

Archived