Rowe 548 cold food machine

all4u

i have recently purchased 548 rowe, no manual, cant get it to perform correctly.its spitting out the quaters

and the message board is stuck on xxxxxxxxxxxxx, i needto know how to do initial set up

Welcome to the forum, all4u! 

It sounds like your board is locked up.  Does the turret turn, does the compressor run and cycle properly, what do the price displays say?  Turn the machine off for a minute and back on to see if any of this changes - I presume you have done this.  What else is on the same circuit - this machine must be on its own circuit with no other compressors, microwaves, coffee makers etc on the circuit.  Is the voltage from the wall above 105v and below 130v?  Is there proper polarity in the outlet and no leakage from neutral to ground?  Is the ground pin on the power cord?  If all this checks out then you probably have a bad logic board.  Do you have a heartbeat (flashing red LED) on the logic board?  If not, it's locked up or dead.  Check all connections to the board for any that are loose.  If you picked this up from someone you don't know this could be the reason they sold it.

I stock parts for this machine so if you need anything you can send me a PM.

hi there,thanksfor taking time to answer,yesit has flashing lite, yes the compressor comes on, the prices are displayed....

but when i close the small compartment door, the lights go off inside, but the prices are still displayed...but i cant get into the service

menu, just a lot of xxxx

You close the monetary door the lights go out.

You open the monetary door what does it say on the display over the set and next buttons?

You cannot set up the machine if the display over the set and next buttons is only showing XXs.

Power up the machine and watch the display over the set and next buttons it should do a power on test and display “Rowe 548 ver ??” for a few seconds. If it does not the keypad display is likely bad.

Your friend GOOGLE will find you a free copy of the manual if you enter “rowe 548 manual pdf”

Walta

Rowe 548-648 are my machine of choice. You can.check the harness between the main board and the display board,((message center) they have a habit of breaking wires from opening and closing the door, also if your machine does really unexplainable things, I have found the red scotchlock wire connector at the bottom right side of the main board loses its conductivity. Just squeeze it with a pair of pliers and see what happens. When you power up the machine, do you hear a coil click rather loudly? That's the lock bar solenoid, and should fire when the machine is turned on or the small is closed.

Perhaps I was not clear I will try again.

1 Turn off the machine.

2 Wait 30 seconds.

3 While someone is looking at the messages center display turn on the power.

4 Do not blink or you will miss the power on message.

5 Read the power on message if displayed.

Please note steps 3, 4 and 5 happen within a few seconds of each other if you cannot reach the switch while looking at the display get someone to help you.

The display should show this message for a few seconds “ROWE 548 VER ?.?” The ?.? represent numbers that will vary with the software present.

If you do not see this message the message center is certainly bad.

Will you please perform steps 1 throw 5 and tell us if you see the message?

Walta

hey Walta

sorry such late response, i couldnt get back into my account lol!

i did all you said, i have heart beat on logic board, but message center is still unreadable..it gets cold, lights work

i hear the sylenoid door click when i turn on machine, its just the message center

• 2 months later...

Archived