Vend motor running constantly

RFVending

Hi all

Looking to see if anyone has some input on my problem.

Machine is a 6 Selection Dixie Narco 276 that is multi-price with an S2D control board.  The issue is my #6 motor runs constantly when it's plugged in.  Everything around it works without issue.  If I do the motor test while it's running, the display will read testing until the homing switch hits and then it goes back to normal but the motor just keeps spinning away.

I have a feeling it's the board that has gone bad somewhere, but was just curious if anyone had any other input or something else to test or check.

Swap the motor with the one beside it.  If it still does it on the other column & the one you swapped it with is working fine then its a bad & you will need to replace the motor.  I had a DN 276 (sounds like you have the newer 276E version though) that did what sounds like the same thing & I got a used motor from AZVendor.

Swap the motor with the one beside it.  If it still does it on the other column & the one you swapped it with is working fine then its a bad & you will need to replace the motor.  I had a DN 276 (sounds like you have the newer 276E version though) that did what sounds like the same thing & I got a used motor from AZVendor.

The control board is supplying it 120v constantly so I don't think it's going to make any difference.  I'll give it a shot as well as a few other things in the morning, but I think I've narrowed it down to the board.

This is a bad board causing the motor to run.  When the motor never stops it means the driver circuit on the logic board is supplying constant current to the motor.  If it was the motor switch not signaling home then the motor would stop when the circuit timed out.  Because the test vend display shows that the board sees the motor switch reach home by displaying no further "testing" but the motor continues to run then the board is the cause.

I can send you a replacement if needed.  Just send me a PM.

Archived