A good deal for a newbie to Full Line Vending?

DLaVergne

Hello,

Just moved to a new area and wanted to get into the beverage vending after a successful run with a few bulk candy machines. Since I'm  green in the beverage vending, I've decided to buy a route instead of starting out from scratch. Scanned my local Craigslist and saw an ad for  2 newly established soda vending routes with the following info: 

1st location: Dixie Narco 368, selling 16.9oz  bottles (1.00/bottle). A 2 story office building break area with all tenants and walk ins having access. Building seems to be fully occupied (also may be a possibility for a snack machine). 

2nd location: One very clean USI drink machine, selling 12oz cans ($.75/can). Location with 5 to 10 employees and several walk ins. 

Both Locations for $1500

I was able to view the locations (and had a good talk with the gentlemen) who was selling the machines. Very respectable, polite and was willing to assist me in the process.

He stated that these were not his biggest routes and he was selling these off to focus on larger routes. He made it perfectly clear that these routes were small and that I should not look to "make it big" off of these.

Because they were new, he couldn't give me an exact gross. He estimated ( based upon their performance thus far) that the 1st location was averaging about $20+ a week and the 2nd location should average  about $700-$1000 per year.

Just want to get various opinions. Thanks in advance....

Hello,

Just moved to a new area and wanted to get into the beverage vending after a successful run with a few bulk candy machines. Since I'm  green in the beverage vending, I've decided to buy a route instead of starting out from scratch. Scanned my local Craigslist and saw an ad for  2 newly established soda vending routes with the following info: 

1st location: Dixie Narco 368, selling 16.9oz  bottles (1.00/bottle). A 2 story office building break area with all tenants and walk ins having access. Building seems to be fully occupied (also may be a possibility for a snack machine). 

2nd location: One very clean USI drink machine, selling 12oz cans ($.75/can). Location with 5 to 10 employees and several walk ins. 

Both Locations for $1500

I was able to view the locations (and had a good talk with the gentlemen) who was selling the machines. Very respectable, polite and was willing to assist me in the process.

He stated that these were not his biggest routes and he was selling these off to focus on larger routes. He made it perfectly clear that these routes were small and that I should not look to "make it big" off of these.

Because they were new, he couldn't give me an exact gross. He estimated ( based upon their performance thus far) that the 1st location was averaging about $20+ a week and the 2nd location should average  about $700-$1000 per year.

Just want to get various opinions. Thanks in advance....

The price isn't bad considering two machines but the revenue sucks - I doubt you'd find these worth your time to fool with.

Not sure what the guy was thinking even starting the second one with that few people.

Thanks Moondog.  I did look around and determined that the price for the machines were about what they are going for (at least in my area). I also was skeptical on the 2nd location. My thinking was buying a immediately finding a location for it. Also, there's no commission on the machines. Maybe I'll look around more.

The price isn't bad considering two machines but the revenue sucks - I doubt you'd find these worth your time to fool with.

Not sure what the guy was thinking even starting the second one with that few people.

Hell I got a few machines in my shop I'm not using,if I had no conscience I could put them in a few dud accts and sell the "route" to someone that doesn't know any better and prob get 5x what the machines are worth

Dixie 368 single price ks worth 250bux , usi can machines were selling for a hundred a pop here winn dixie blew them out a few yrs back,wish id bought some they are monsters looks great for a 24/7 laundry

The locations have no value in this case. Sounds like decent equipment so it might be something to consider as a equipment purchase with the intent to move to a better location asap. Depending on how clean they are somewhere between 600-900 for both plus the value of the inventory and coin mech money.

The locations have no value in this case. Sounds like decent equipment so it might be something to consider as a equipment purchase with the intent to move to a better location asap. Depending on how clean they are somewhere between 600-900 for both plus the value of the inventory and coin mech money.

So you're saying that the machines (working, in place) are only worth about $300-450 each? Isn't that under-valued? I've did some research and I haven't came across those prices for soda machines. 

Archived