First Crane Account...help?

sprint54fan

I have picked up my first plush crane account. I have a couple candy cranes out but this location that I have bulk vending equipment at wants a crane. Its a pizza shop and they are ALWAYS busy..they open at 10 and are open till late at night 7 days a week. Bulk here does 250.00 to 300.00 a month so Im eager to see what the crane will do.

Im looking at a 31" Coastal Amusement Toy Solider with a DBA.. looks brand new but its used and refurbished and sold by Betson.. they are asking 2000.00 for crane, dba, and free shipping to my location.. they said its location ready.

What do you guys think about this deal?

Any advice or tips for a crane newbie?

I just looked up your location in the US..

Go buy these two...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380773339173?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

or best offer !

I actually sold these 2 to him

he put them on a flatbed trailer side by side

and he broke the glass on the 2nd one during transport home from Michigan to Chicago

so you can fix the one with my help... glass is less than $100.00

or have a spare one for parts for the one..

these are Feiloi  Double up cranes with 2 claws..

one for plush 

if they lose they get a capsule   (junk you want rid of) or eggs..

$1.00 per play adjustable

They both have DBA!

bill

Even if you have to go rent a budget 10 foot business truck to move them it will cost you less than $100.00 to get them where you need to..

Used import crane should be not over 1100 because betson will sell u one for that, so for pvt seller used cranes I take off 200 cause ur not getting a warantee and then start dinging the price for any addl probs from there

I looked on ebay and heres what I found:

This is the 2K crane I told you about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271325077721?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

BUT Then found same crane here much cheaper:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOY-SOLDIER-CRANE-CRANE-PLUSH-MACHINE-BEAUTIFUL-Profits-SHIPPING-AVAILABLE-/261375881494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdb377116

OR here are 2 other options I found... It needs to be a 31" crane...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31-Newest-Style-Hot-Stuff-Crane-Claw-Machine-With-Mars-DBA-/191034375648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c7a893de0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31-Dog-Patrol-Crane-Claw-Machine-With-DBA-/191034382742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c7a895996

The dog patrol looks just like the toy solider..is it the exact same crane just different color/graphics?

Thanks for the help Bill!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Crane-Game-/181299240144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3646dcd0

bingo

Ok mfg...  built like a tank

I own a  tractor time and they are great   as well other stuff by OK

never had their crane  but its got to be a easy fix on the second one

and close

I made a offer on these 2  impulse cranes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toy-Crane-Claw-Plush-Machine-Lot-of-2-/231081133669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cd824665

dog patrol is a coast to coast? import not a coastal import

The 2 captain claw machines in the auction you listed in Salem, Indiana are made by OK Mfg? So parts should be easy to get..great to know..plus 2 working cranes for 1400.00! I like!  Are those 31" wide?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Crane-Game-/181299240144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3646dcd0

When you transport a crane can you lay it on its back to take it to location..cause if I buy the 2 in Salem it says NO SHIPPING buyer must pickup..

The 2 captain claw machines in the auction you listed in Salem, Indiana are made by OK Mfg? So parts should be easy to get..great to know..plus 2 working cranes for 1400.00! I like! Are those 31" wide?

When you transport a crane can you lay it on its back to take it to location..cause if I buy the 2 in Salem it says NO SHIPPING buyer must pickup..

U can lay em down but take the gantry out first before laying it

Its that pretty simple to do? Sorry that may be a dumb question..but Im not very electronic smart..so this is an new endeavor for me :)

Funny thing ..well I think so anyways,. the auction for the 2 cranes you sent is in Salem, Indiana.. The location I need a crane for is in Salem, Illinois - WEIRD!

you can take the gantry out or just use several zip ties

tie the claw to the rods..

tie the gantry to the back wall   (most cranes have a hook for the zip tie)

then its good to go on their back for transport

bill

secure around the claw with bubble wrap to avoid broken glass too..

should be fine that way

ive moved a lot of games on their backs

Looks like they have shown you some great deals. When buying a used crane before you leave with it try it several times to make sure it's working as it should. Sellers are very forgetful when listing cranes with issues. As far as what to sell I have done well with plush appeal. Our best money maker is doing 5 inch balls. We have some locations that empty a 38 inch twice a month.

I have to go to paducah Ky next week to deliver  a crane to location..I have a couple monopoly (prize cup) cranes and couple  other regular plush cranes i gotta pick up at closed down place on the way..

The monopoly cup crane is my invention and its did great for me ,only me and a couple of my closest operator buddies have been running it but it goes like this.

there is prize board in back of crane like the mcdonalds monopoly board and you have to collect the properties, the coffee cups  have stickers on each one representing property and the property is covered up with square of blue painters tape(easily removed) and then of course you put junk prizes in the cups...

when they collect boardwalk/parkplace they get ipad, yellows -ipod touch etc.. just like mcdonalds, you puts tons of park places in there but only one boardwalk just like the other colored properties..

set crane at a buck a play cause they win alot, and crane can only hold about 200 or so cups, takes about $500 to empty it and  i wait until i get my money before i put boardwalk in there..

here is photo i had of one..I sell the kits that have 2000 game pieces(stickers to put on cups) and wrap for crane(so it looks brand new) and large game board to go in back of crane for $250,,refills of game pieces are $50 for 2000..buy the cups at sams 1000 cups and lids for $25 i think(12 oz is what i use)

I only have about 10 of these out  but i only put them where i have multiple cranes as a extra crane..and of course i don't advertise this to sell as i'm sure there is copyright etc.

Monopolycrane_zps174a16f7.jpg

Well Ive decided on a crane.. well actually getting 2 cranes!

Im buying the lot of 2 Ok Mfg. Captain Claw machines..I go look at them and play them next Friday..hes out of town until then.. seller said they both work and look brand new as they were in two veterans clubs with hardly any use. He bought them brand new from OK Mfg and they been one location their entire life. He said they are both 2 years old and hes firm at 1400.00 Cash for both..

I cant wait as one goes to the pizza palor and the other one goes to a china buffet!

Well Ive decided on a crane.. well actually getting 2 cranes!

Im buying the lot of 2 Ok Mfg. Captain Claw machines..I go look at them and play them next Friday..hes out of town until then.. seller said they both work and look brand new as they were in two veterans clubs with hardly any use. He bought them brand new from OK Mfg and they been one location their entire life. He said they are both 2 years old and hes firm at 1400.00 Cash for both..

I cant wait as one goes to the pizza palor and the other one goes to a china buffet!

Good buy

I have to go to paducah Ky next week to deliver  a crane to location..I have a couple monopoly (prize cup) cranes and couple  other regular plush cranes i gotta pick up at closed down place on the way..

The monopoly cup crane is my invention and its did great for me ,only me and a couple of my closest operator buddies have been running it but it goes like this.

there is prize board in back of crane like the mcdonalds monopoly board and you have to collect the properties, the coffee cups  have stickers on each one representing property and the property is covered up with square of blue painters tape(easily removed) and then of course you put junk prizes in the cups...

when they collect boardwalk/parkplace they get ipad, yellows -ipod touch etc.. just like mcdonalds, you puts tons of park places in there but only one boardwalk just like the other colored properties..

set crane at a buck a play cause they win alot, and crane can only hold about 200 or so cups, takes about $500 to empty it and  i wait until i get my money before i put boardwalk in there..

here is photo i had of one..I sell the kits that have 2000 game pieces(stickers to put on cups) and wrap for crane(so it looks brand new) and large game board to go in back of crane for $250,,refills of game pieces are $50 for 2000..buy the cups at sams 1000 cups and lids for $25 i think(12 oz is what i use)

I only have about 10 of these out  but i only put them where i have multiple cranes as a extra crane..and of course i don't advertise this to sell as i'm sure there is copyright etc.

Monopolycrane_zps174a16f7.jpg

how do the ppl know how the game is played? it seems really complicated for the type of ppl who play cranes

i mean people here on the level that they cant understand the mp3 player needs an SD card in the SD card slot to work

i  have no clue how they would ever understand this game, they probably think the ipad is in the cup or what ever 

in fact i was doing a service about a  year back and someone told me the crane was broken cause they didnt understand what "play till you win' meant...they told me "hey the crane keeps resetting"

how do the ppl know how the game is played? it seems really complicated for the type of ppl who play cranes

i mean people here on the level that they cant understand the mp3 player needs an SD card in the SD card slot to work

i  have no clue how they would ever understand this game, they probably think the ipad is in the cup or what ever 

in fact i was doing a service about a  year back and someone told me the crane was broken cause they didnt understand what "play till you win' meant...they told me "hey the crane keeps resetting"

they understand really easy because Mcdonalds has been doing it for years over and over and over...there is a big monopoly game board in back of crane that explains everything..

I was just doing the cups and when i was gonna print a question mark for each cup the idea hit me as it would drive sales a bit..I had been just putting blank white cups and it was emptying out really fast cause they are so easy to win, so instead of increasing service times i wanted to raise vend price but needed something to warrant the price from 50 to a 1.00.. PLUS i had some cranes i wanted to re-wrap so i could not have them matching so much in the location(so it looks more like arcade setting than one large long machine like if you have 4 identical cranes lined up)

OR maybe its just like i've always said and us backwoods country rednecks are just smarter than the rest of the country??   cause it tripled sales in same cranes over same time period in these parts...

ron

Archived