Routing software

jerrybrecko

Hi everyone.  I have been signing on accounts left and right.  Soon I am going to have to hire someone to fill them.  I need a way to manage the route.  What is everyone using for:

-managing the frequency of stops at a location.  for example some i fill weekly biweekly and monthly.   and it is getting very difficult to put together the daily list of who to visit.  is there a computer program that will just automaticly organize my weekly biweekly and monthly accounts so i just have to print out a piece of paper every morning and go to where the computer tells me to go.   obviously i would have to tell it ahead of time which are weekly biweekly or monthly

-entering all of these locations into the gps and saving them is extremely time consuming.  and if we loose the acount and gain more its just a hasle always updating the gps.  does anyone use a gps that the locations can be saved by using a computer rather than typing it on the touch screen of the gps

-any other software that you can recomend,  i dont mind paying good money for good software as long as it makes my life easier and our system easier to manage.

I use excel also...  It's nice for sorting, keeping track of last visits and whatnot.

However, I also www.myvendtrack.com. It cost $19 per month. They made a lot of improvements lately that help me.  

Bart

I recommend using Microsoft Streets and Maps to map out your route. I break down my route into sub routes based on towns or zip codes. I created a separate map file for each sub route. I also arrange my stops (locations) in the order that I service them.

I just installed the Trial version of  Streets & Trips 2013 from MS http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30173 and was able to import excel sheet into it.  The map shows pins for each stop.

However I don't see a method the have the software automatically provide the best route for driving.  

I was wondering if anyone is doing this or know how?

Bart

I just installed the Trial version of Streets & Trips 2013 from MS http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30173

However I don't see a method the have the software automatically provide the best route for driving.

There is a menu option called "Optimize Route" which will organize the stops in the most efficient order.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I am concerned about the tracking. I am also new to the business and have 24 Terminators to keep track of.

Thanks for the information.

Carole in Atlanta

When you say keep track of, what information are you specifically just trying to keep track of (e.g. location address, contact info, revenue, service date, etc.)? I may be able to help depending on how much you need to keep track of at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived