Change machine on bulk rack

bayouvending

How many of yall attach change machines to your bulk racks? How did it affect sales?

Im picking up 5 small change machines tomorrow and was thinking about adding them to racks close to the house and see if it ups sales. If not I will move them on Ebay

I have one and it keeps clients and customers happy.  Problem is that it only holds $120 in quarters so I have to refill it on a weekly basis.  I've heard some other members say that they give the client the key for change machine to keep filled.  

I'm guessing these are Coffee Inns?  That's what mine is and I would immediately install hasps on the door.  The small cam lock on mine was picked and they took money from it.  After installing the hasp with giant padlock, no issues!  Keep security in mind.

This has come up in the past, but I can't find the threads.

The general consensus (If I remember correctly) was that it's best to avoid these if possible.

I forget the brand now, but I posted it elsewhere --- there was this brand of changer that a competitor friend of mine was heavy into.

He regretted it almost from the get go.

So many problems with the changers and not all the quarters were necessarily going into his machines.

Of course, people needing quarters for competitors equipment had access to his changers too.

Basically, he was supplying and maintaining a changer for the benefit of ALL of the vendors in whatever location he put them in.

Yes they are the coffee inns they guy was selling some Antares vending machines cheap. so I asked about the change machines and got him down to $100 for 5.

Thanks for the heads up I will change them out.

Did you see an increase in sales when you added it? how much % increase?

Yes they are the coffee inns they guy was selling some Antares vending machines cheap. so I asked about the change machines and got him down to $100 for 5.

Thanks for the heads up I will change them out.

Did you see an increase in sales when you added it? how much % increase?

$100 for all 5 is a steal!  I paid $75 for mine.  It has held up great though, considering how much use it's had over the years.  Sometimes a bill will get caught in the back of the acceptor, but all's you need to do is open the door and pull it out.  The employees at the counter used to give change before the machine was placed, so it didn't really increase sales for me.  I look at it as it's doing them a favor, and they appreciate it.  Some places might not, but it could be a good selling point to use when locating a rack.

Yeah it would be way more convenient. Plus if parents tell their kids they do not have any quarters they can be like give me a dollar lol.

If they  do not work out I figured I could move them fast for $50-75ea

I only plan to place them in locations that I am the only vendor.

I have thought about some for my pushers but holding only 200 in quarters and/or only taking 1s would make it not worth the money.

ron gave me some good advice about this, cause i was considering this as well

do NOT attach it to the pusher because if the pusher is seized they will get the changer too and all the $, if u put it separate from the pusher u wont lose all the cash in the changer if ur pusher gets nabbed by johnny law

Archived