Despicable Me

Nick505

Just thought I would let you know that the Despicable me stickers from Flatline are HOT. As soon as I saw that they were going to be available I called and made a preorder. This license is huge right now everywhere. I have been selling about 120 of these per month in my locations. Great item.

Personally, I would not invest too much (if anything) in these.

That movie was released LAST SUMMER.

It's February...we are closer to the 2014 summer movie season than we are to last summer's movie season.

This kind of product should be in your machines BEFORE the marketing slam takes off...or at least at the peak of the public's interest (while the movie is in theaters or at the time it's released on DVD).

This movie has been out on DVD since before Christmas AND has been available at RedBox for weeks.

With kids', that usually means the appeal is already on the decline or will start to decline VERY soon.

I don't doubt these stickers have been hot for Nick505.

I just don't think they will remain so.

My experience with movie-based products has taught me that, at the stage Despicable Me 2 is currently in, you had better be getting rid of the last of your product or your going to wind up with dated stuff in your warehouse.

Are there exceptions? Yes.

Is this movie one of them? Nothing makes me believe so.

The reason I knew it was going to be huge is because it is everywhere. Despicable me is the desirable prize at just about every carnival and state fair game across the country. The license is hugely popular and is going to be around for a while. Not to mention I have been to several theme parks in a couple different states and despicable me cups, and plush are in 80% of the peoples hands. Also suppliers can't keep the plush on the shelves for this reason. Is it a fad?....YES but I am definitely going to capitalize on it while I can.

Reports are that Despicable Me 2 has been blowing out in almost all markets. We have not had any reports that have not been above average. The property is hot right now and Univerasl has announced the release dates for the next two movies in the series:The Minions in July of 2015 and Despicable Me 3 in June of 2017. These should have some legs! The characters are popular with both kids and adults.

Archived