DN 276E Coin Chute Clogging Up

Randy 805

I have a few DN 276E's that ocassionally have a common re-occuring problem, in the light blue, semi-transparent coin chute that leads to the coin mech, at times I will find this clogged with coins, I take it apart, wipe it down and re-install,,,but will still have the same problem at some point down the line, it's not constant nor consistant but does ocassionally happen from time to time across my machines, what can I do to avoid this problem?  Is there any kind of non-greasy lubricant or something I coould apply that would not attract dust & dirt to make the coins slip through easier?

I had a similar problem on a couple of machines.  After going through the clean-up process like you did, I found that the two halves of the plastic pieces (front and back) were not snapping together completely allowing some coins to fall into a dead space.  After getting them snapped together completely, I haven't had any issues.

I had a similar problem on a couple of machines.  After going through the clean-up process like you did, I found that the two halves of the plastic pieces (front and back) were not snapping together completely allowing some coins to fall into a dead space.  After getting them snapped together completely, I haven't had any issues.

Thanks, I'll be back there today, I'll take another look at it.

Randy I hope for your sake nobody is pouring cold drink down your slot, I had some kids doing this to my trailer park machine making it do the same thing. I would come to service machine and man it was just jammed up with money. I waited till they was out of school and had a little talk with these kids.

Have not had a problem since, or finding paper stuck in dba, it was rendered useless because it could not read money.

mike 

Randy, this coin chute is called the Vendor Defender and was designed to direct any liquids squirted into the coin chute away to a drain tube.  This is a useful chute in an outdoor location or any location where you think the machine might be vandalized, especially with liquids like salt water (called salting the machine).  If your location isn't this bad and if you aren't able to get the chute to work properly, then you can install a standard DN coin chute on the machine and eliminate the problem.  The Vendor Defender does get difficult to put together after it's been taken apart a few times. 

PM me if you need  a replacement coin chute.

Archived