New Honor Box Business in Southern California

SoCalSNACKS

I'm feeling good today because it's the start of my new Snack Box business in Southern California.  Let me rephrase that, today is the second attempt at re-starting my honor box business.  I have been lurking around this forum for a few weeks reading posts, and I thought it was time to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.  

I appreciate the positive attitudes, helpful information and community approach to the vending business.  I just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this blog in a positive manner, as it has been a huge help in my little snack box venture.

A little background on my self and my business:

I have purchased 50 Honor Boxes from Mr. Dennis Slack.  This was about a year ago I took the first plunge into honor box vending.  I had about five accounts that were doing very well.  Then I had to start taking jobs that required traveling (I worked in entertainment in Los Angeles) and the time away from the snack box venture was not conducive to excellent service.  Needless to say my first attempt failed from a combination of businesses closing and me not being around to provide excellent customer service to my accounts.

I'm now down to two accounts.  I've held on to the idea of working for myself and operating a successful snack box business.  I failed once, fell on my face, and now I've picked my self up and I'm going to try again with success this time, as I've stopped taking jobs that require traveling out of town. 

Thank you for reading my post!  I'll see everyone around the boards!

Welcome to TVF.  Good to hear you have been reading the forums already.  Good luck with your second shot at this.  Just make sure you aren't turning down more lucrative work that you might travel for just to reimagine this venture.  You can do this type of business anytime down the road if you have opportunities to make good money doing something else now.

Good luck to you.

Welcome to TVF.  Good to hear you have been reading the forums already.  Good luck with your second shot at this.  Just make sure you aren't turning down more lucrative work that you might travel for just to reimagine this venture.  You can do this type of business anytime down the road if you have opportunities to make good money doing something else now.

Good luck to you.

Considering your options and making sure one is not turning down a more lucrative offer is a great point for anyone to consider before doing the Honor Box venture.  

Personally I was headed for a track in the entertainment industry that I didn't want to be in.  It's very easy to get trapped in a position that pays well but leaves you angry and bitter because it's not what you want to do with your life and career.  All of a sudden your find your self working for 13 to 20 hours a day for some one else's project and career.  I am backing out of my current position while it still doesn't pay well, and pursuing a few other business ventures that will give me flexibility to pursue the entertainment industry as a creature/entrepreneur.  

• 4 months later...

I'm feeling good today because it's the start of my new Snack Box business in Southern California.  Let me rephrase that, today is the second attempt at re-starting my honor box business.  I have been lurking around this forum for a few weeks reading posts, and I thought it was time to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.  

I appreciate the positive attitudes, helpful information and community approach to the vending business.  I just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this blog in a positive manner, as it has been a huge help in my little snack box venture.

A little background on my self and my business:

I have purchased 50 Honor Boxes from Mr. Dennis Slack.  This was about a year ago I took the first plunge into honor box vending.  I had about five accounts that were doing very well.  Then I had to start taking jobs that required traveling (I worked in entertainment in Los Angeles) and the time away from the snack box venture was not conducive to excellent service.  Needless to say my first attempt failed from a combination of businesses closing and me not being around to provide excellent customer service to my accounts.

I'm now down to two accounts.  I've held on to the idea of working for myself and operating a successful snack box business.  I failed once, fell on my face, and now I've picked my self up and I'm going to try again with success this time, as I've stopped taking jobs that require traveling out of town. 

Thank you for reading my post!  I'll see everyone around the boards!

How are things going? Were you ever able to get things going?

Archived