what should i offer him?

devster

I think they were $200-$300 new but I don't think they are making them anymore. I seem to recall that they have changed it into an energy bite Biz-Op now. I think you will be ok with parts off Ebay for awhile though because there are plenty of them out there.

What do they go for new? just so i can get a reference point. It seems like hes asking a lot but i'm trying to come up with a cheap price but not be too insulting.

It doesn't matter what he or someone else paid for them new. There are 2 factors determining their value to you.

1. The value of their utility- how much money can you make using this tool and how soon can you get it back. obivously the sooner you can recoup your costs the better.

2. The value you can turn around and sell them for. Used 1800s go for between $50 + $75 on the open market so you want to get in below this number to reduce your risk.

If you're building a route and prefer to use 1800s and determined that at $75 still gives an acceptable ROI, then be prepared to give that much, but don't start there with your offer.

Don't worry about insulting anyone, this is a business decision and it has to work for YOU. It helps to tell the other person that you've determined that you have to get into equipment at this level to have an acceptable ROI. They often understand because this is something they did not do.

eBay is a great resource to help determine equipment value. I make 2 seperate lists of completed sales only - one for used and another for new-in-the-box. The averages of each list is a good place to start and would be the max I would offer. Knock another 20% off since you are local to the seller and they usually don't want to deal with shipping/packing. Knock another 20% off if you buy all of them - it is rare that another buyer will buy all machines and you will usually have little or no competing bids for the entire package. The seller will gets lots of calls from different buyers wanting to buy only a few machines - which the seller doesn't want to do and would rather dump them all.

Jax

What do they go for new? just so i can get a reference point. It seems like hes asking a lot but i'm trying to come up with a cheap price but not be too insulting.

It doesn't matter what he or someone else paid for them new. There are 2 factors determining their value to you.

1. The value of their utility- how much money can you make using this tool and how soon can you get it back. obivously the sooner you can recoup your costs the better.

2. The value you can turn around and sell them for. Used 1800s go for between $50 + $75 on the open market so you want to get in below this number to reduce your risk.

If you're building a route and prefer to use 1800s and determined that at $75 still gives an acceptable ROI, then be prepared to give that much, but don't start there with your offer.

Don't worry about insulting anyone, this is a business decision and it has to work for YOU. It helps to tell the other person that you've determined that you have to get into equipment at this level to have an acceptable ROI. They often understand because this is something they did not do.

This is a very useful post ts.

My apologies. I just re-read this post and realized that you were talking about 1800's. For some reason I thought it said Vendstar!:shock:

1800's are obviously a better built machine so I withdraw my original bid. :D 

Steve

I see them on ebay and CL for 100 to 150+

I would offer 50 to 60 to see what he responds with. If you want 1800 machines you might want to spend a little more but it just depends on if you really want 1800's for your fleet. It also makes a difference what kind of condition the machines are actually in.

I personally endorse 1800 machines 100% they are fantastic machines.

David

I offered 60 each. If he says no i'll just tell him to call me if he changes his mind. I don't want to haggle too much because the xyz triples I like are a reasonable price new.

Good for you Dev.  Let us know how it goes.  I actually saw my FIRST 1-800 machine on a location yesterday.  Nice looking machine.  It was green.

they usually go for $125 $-150or so shipped on ebay.IF YOU ARE PICKING THEM UP AND THEY ARE IN GOOD CONDITION ALL KEYED ALIKE i wouldn`t hesitate to go 100 each.I have paid more for this machine then that.they go for 280 I belive or close to it directly from them.so if you can pay 65 percent less then new price and they are in great condition its still a good value.

dont miss out on a great deal ecspecially if they are all keyed alike.